Chapter 13 - Fluffy

Fod / Thi POV

' Did you find anything Gem ' I asked. ' Nothing Phi , Why do I keep finding delivery boxes instead of something helpful ' He mumbled and pulled his hair in frustration. I help his face saying, ' Mai pen rai Gem, the police found nothing in here so it's normal that we can't find anything too ' I calmed him by patting his head. He nodded but I could see the uneasiness.' Let's look one last time Phi , If we find nothing then let's head home ' said Gemini and ran back to the first floor.

He came down  after 30 minutes , Gemini shook his hand. So, We really got nothing I guess. ' I did take a lot photos of just incase ' he said. And we headed back home.

----------

Gemini went to Sanam pao to meet his cousin and spend the night there , I took the leftover pasta from the fridge , reheated it and made grilled asparagus. After filling up my stomach , I was exhausted So I went straight to bed and slept like a log.

[Next Morning]

I woke up a little late than usual , I turned around and looked at my reflection that cracked me up. I washed my face and wiped the hair with some water to calm down my messy bird nest hair. I brushed my teeth, the smell of fresh pancakes sneaked into my room. I followed it's traces , it led to the kitchen where a man wearing apron that says  " I am the secret ingredient " flipped the nicely cooked fluffy brown pancakes. ' Gem , What are you doing here ' I asked smiling. ' I came back at 7 am today , you were sleeping soundly hugging the pillow like a baby so I didn't want to wake you up ' he said taking out two plates. 

' Is it good ? ' he asked. ' Yup. fluffy, sweet and cute just like it's owner' I said making Gemini blush and giggle . ' You pulled an uno reverse card on me Mr.Quatro ' he whispered into my ears and washed the dishes hiding behind the door trying to hide his red ears. ' That kid , I know the effect I got on him. what's he trying to hide ' I thought to myself smiling at Gemini's antics.

-----------

We arrived at the park , P' Korn was already waiting for us. ' Sawedee khrub P'Korn ' We both greeted him and sat down. ' Did you find anything at the third victim's house ? ' he asked. ' Nothing Phi , But that doesn't mean our theory is not correct. We are visiting the fourth and fifth victim's house today. I can assure that we will find something that belongs to other victims. How much has the investigation proceeded captain ? ' I asked.

' I agree with that but I need solid evidence that backs up your theory to convince our team. As for the investigation, we found a crucial lead. The forensic team found blood under the fifth victim's nail which isn't hers. But , we haven't found any match yet. There's a timeline for his murders ,  

March 11 , 2022

March 25, 2022

April 1, 2022

April 9, 2022

April 15, 2022

' Approximately a week range except for the second murder ' said Gem. ' Yes , So we concluded that he kills people in an approximate week range. We had all teams on standby for 21, 22 and 23 April. Fortunately , nothing was reported so we can assume that they were no murders. And four weeks have passed by including today. Did he stop ? Why is he silent ? ' he asked. ' The answer is simple Phi , FEAR ' I said. ' What do you mean fourth ? P'Korn asked. ' Even in this footage , he was wary of the presence around him , Now that we have released this image. He's lying low so that he doesn't get caught. But , his urge to kill people will torment him and win over his fear soon. If the time goes by and we don't catch him , he will know that the police doesn't have any crucial evidence to arrest him , that will just boost his confidence resulting in the development of the devil ' Gem said sending chills down our spine. 

' Time is golden now, We will try to find anything that will put this bastard behind the bars. I will mail you the fifth victim case file nong ' said P'Korn and left in hurry. We headed to the fourth victim house.

-x-