Chapter 30 - Truth

Fod POV

He began to tremble and sat on the floor with all his memories of us rushing back to place. ' So , this charm was the key ' I thought to myself and held his hands to calm him. ' Why do you have this ? Why do you look like him ' he questioned with tears welled up in his eyes. I stared at him in silence, ' I always felt this empty part in me that's missing, Never in the world I could have imagined that I was actually missing memories ' he said caressing the charm. ' I think it's time for the truth ' I said grabbing his attention. He stared at me realizing that there's something more to this story. 

I took a long breath , ' It had been a week since I started working in that station, I was clumsy. I couldn't get things right cause I was getting used to the work.  The senior officers shoving their work onto me was helping any bit. I started the patrol , I got a call directed from 119 asking for help ' District 3 , Someone was reported seeing stabbing ' . I was the closest one , I  started the engine again , but my phone vibrated I picked up the call . ' Yahh, Where are you ' asked the senior. ' I am at District 3 sir ' I answered. ' Then , my wife is there at the hillkaol mart , help her carry the things ' he said. ' Sir, I am on duty ' I said trying to ignore him. ' Now , you know to ignore my words. Should I remind you that you're under me and any word from me could destroy your so called career ' he said. I gritted my teeth , ' Sir , someone has seen stabbing, They need my help, that's the reason I am on duty ' I told my stance. ' These young people don't know their place , You remember Perth ? What happened to him ' he asked. I hit the brakes knowing his intention. P'Perth once disobey his action then he was framed for misuse of weapon and got suspended. I can't afford any penalty or suspension . ' Okay sir ' I said and made a U-Turn. I was filled with hatred for him , his wife apologized to me and I grabbed to a taxi for her and sped up to the scene. When I arrived there , it was too late. I heard that the victim was stabbed once by the culprit and someone fought with him to stop him and waited for us save her , but the culprit ran away after pushing him, I rushed to the hospital hearing the news. ' The knife just got to the skin , so he just needs few stitches but the boy who got pushed away hit his head on the concrete and suffered hemorrhage, he's under operation right now ' the doctor said. I had to head back to the station to report the situation, I was filled with guilt, rage and hatred. I filled complaints against that darn senior and he got dismissed. I came back to the hospital and to the room where the boy is , You were lying there in coma. ' If I had been to the scene on time, I could have stopped the culprit and this boy wouldn't have to be here on the hospital bed. I am the one to blame '  I was engulfed by guilt looking at the parents by your side weeping their heart out for their precious son. The culprit couldn't be found , Since then I visited you every single day hoping that I could do something to make you wake up. I failed miserably , Two months passed and you were shifted to a shared room. Your colleagues visited you and I got to know the fact that you were on the verge for promotion. Your friend visited you and I got to know that you were planning to visit your cousins in Canada and your visa got approved. I felt like I trapped you in this place and stole your happy days. I was desperate for a miracle , Just once so that I can make up to you. ' Uncle , Have this ' said a kid next to me. Seems like she came to visit someone. I looked at the drawing she gave me, ' I got it from the temple next door, it's said to grant wishes. Maybe you can get your miracle ' she said. In no time , I was standing at the temple, I closed my eyes saying , ' I am at the fault , Gemini is just an innocent citizen who tried to protect the victim. I really want to fix this. I wish I could get second chance '. Next thing I could remember is waking up in a bed in a different house. I was confused at Why I was not at the temple. I looked at the mirror and realized that I went from 2029 to 2022 , When I was 19 in the UOC. I knew that no one would believe me so I created a character called Thi and played a simulation on what could have happened ,  so I am convince-able to anyone from the Past or future . But , it was driving me crazy and ended up at a hospital to confirm whether I am a delusional being. Then , at the elevator I saw you Gemini. I knew exactly why the god threw me here....

-x-