Chapter 18 - Ring

Fod/Thi POV

P'Phuwin pulled his chair closer to mine , ' What are you doing now fod ? ' he asked. ' I study at UOC (University Of Calmina) majoring in Law Phi. I heard you got a job in a publishing company ' I said still searching for Gemini. ' Yeah , it's been a year. It's good but exhausting at the same time with all the deadlines and revisions. Let's talk about you , Are you here with someone ? ' he asked glancing at the coat on the empty seat next to me. ' Yes, He's with me ' a voice said behind us. ' Ohh , Gem thanks for the water. I think I left my phone in the car, You have the keys right. Can you get them for me ' I asked attempting to shoo him away. ' It's raining outside Phi , I will get it later ' he said handing  me a hangover drink as I drank vodka in an empty stomach.

Gemini didn't even bother to ask who the man that is sitting on my right side, meanwhile Phuwin nudged me asking about him. Eventually he stood up and introduced himself to Gem saying ' I'm Phuwin , a close friend of fourth. Nice to meet you ' . ' Nice to meet you too , I am Gemini Norawit ' he replied politely and fed me the fruit salad ignoring any attempts from Phuwin to strike up a conversation.

Phuwin held my hand suddenly saying , ' You still have this ring ? My little fourth haven't forgot about me till now I guess ' he said smirking at the eyes glaring at him. I pulled my hands back and patted Gem's hand on his thigh to calm him. ' It's a gift from P'Tang , The one you gave had a lame butterfly this one has a cloud instead. I think it's time to check your eyes Phi ' I mocked him with gentle smile. ' Uff , But you still know what shaped ring I gave you even after 10 years. The sign of the times I guess ' he said laughing annoying everyone at the table. I could feel Gem clasping his hands into a fist under mine , I tried to calm him. He didn't stop glaring at Phuwin and drank every glass of champagne on the table. Phuwin continued with this nonsense , ' This bitch be getting on my nerves ' I mumbled.

' I think the one who couldn't forget is you Phi . Isn't that why you attended my sister's wedding ? I remember you cheating on her with a clown and later found out that the clown was married to your senior. He kicked your ass and you begged my sister to take you back but she cut you off mercilessly. Even I felt the second hand embarrassment looking at you kneeling at our main gate. I advise you to get out of here fast Phi , She's MMA fighter now and my brother-in-law is a national athlete for Judo. The door is that way if you wanna live ' I said pointing at the right. Phuwin seemed to be a more scared fool then I thought cause I couldn't find him when I turned back.

I sat down clearing all the glass and locked eyes with Gemini , ' Phi , I am national athlete for musical chairs. You should have used that ' he said grinning with his bunny teeth. I smiled at him , ' I think you're drunk. Stay still here. It's my turn to get you some water ' I said and fetched some water bottles from the beverage stand. When I came back , I couldn't find Gemini in his seat. I panicked ' Shia, Where did he go ? ' I mumbled with shaky breath and ran around to find him. 

He was not at the Hallway , Parking lot , Buffet , Tables , Bride&Groom rooms. ' Where did he disappear to ? Did I miss any places ? ' I scratched my head in frustration. Suddenly , a memory flashed in. "  Phi , look at the sky. The moon looks lovely , isn't it ? ' Gem said smiling searching for the constellations in the starry sky " . I ran up to the roof top immediately , ' Gem baby , Are you here? ' I screamed. I saw a hand waving through the gapes of the twisted steel chains holding the chair swing admist of the garden. I exhaled in relief and walked towards it.

Gemini patted the cushion next to him intending me to take a seat, ' What are doing here Gem ? I asked adjusting myself. ' To get some fresh air Phi , the night sky is a beauty tonight. I can't miss it for anything ' he said. I patted his head gently and fixed my sight to where he was looking. Gem took his phone out , opened the app Skyview and pinned the camera to the sky. He nudged me to look at the screen. ' You see this cluster of stars ' he asked , I nodded in admiration. ' The constellation is called Andromedae phi , reminds me of the Andromeda galaxy. The galaxy that we are in is called Milky way right , the closest one to us is the Andromeda galaxy. It feels so close yet so far away ' he said poking my nose. I could see emotions seeping into his eyes , it reminded me P'Sam's  words , " I think you need to talk to him " . 

' Gem , Can I ask you something ? ' I said tearing up the silence...

-x-