Chapter 9 - Fifth victim

Fod/Thi POV

I tapped his shoulder , ' Sawadee khrub P'Korn ' I said and settled down. ' Who are you kid ? Do you know me ? Wait ? Nong Thi !! ' he asked.  ' Yes, it's Thi khrub ' I said nervously as looks shocked to see me looking like a college kid. He took a long breath and looked at me. And I knew exactly what was coming,

P'Korn : 12/12/2019

Me : Baby Joon's (youngest son of P'Korn) birth day

P'Korn : Color less , odor less hell

Me : Thallium , the cause of death in the first case I worked on since I joined Team 3 where I met Mr.Grumpy mountain P'Korn

P'Korn : What did one ocean say to another ?

Me : Nothing , it just waved

We high fived and collapsed into a fit of laughter, ' I have one remaining question ' he said. I nodded intending ready to answer anything with determination. ' 25/04/2022 ? ' he asked. ' Tomorrow..? OHH It's my birthday Phi ' I exclaimed. He slid the present across to me , I was surprised, I tore the wrapper in hurry. Looking upon the case , I jumped in joy and hugged him tight, thanking him for the Apple watch series 8. 

' Who is this boy that has been giving me that bitch back off eyes ? ' he asked pointing to Gemini. ' He's my friend Phi , he will help us with the case ' I said and winked at him. He rolled his eyes and shook hands with P'Korn. ' The team really needs you , you have always been the smart ass that cracks the case but this time I think this one will be hard for you too. Seems like you remember till the fourth victim , you would have seen in the news unfortunately there 's a fifth victim. Ms. Reena , Age - 17 , High school student, Last seen leaving the dance academy at 9 pm , Estimated time of death - 9.27 pm , Cause of death - Strangulation. But , we did get a lead. Team 1 and 2 joined us and helped us watch through all the CCTV footages covering the routes taken by all the victims. After several nights , the day the fifth victim was killed the CCTV outside the public restroom in Silom station captured a suspicious man. We traced back his whereabouts , we found a dashcam where he comes out from a building in an alley. The one next to the fourth victim apartment building. Upon visiting it , the building is so close to the other that the killer could jumped into the victim's apartment from the this building. Upon further investigation , we found trespassing signs on the window rails of the victim's house '  said P'Korn and showed us the screenshot image of the killer fully covered in black clothes , the video footage of him and the case file of all the victims.

' I do have an idea that could stop the killing spree for awhile and buy us sometime to catch the killer ' said Gemini capturing our attention. ' Something is better than nothing, Shoot your idea kid ' said P'Korn. ' I have done a rough sketch profiling of the killer with the information that you have given me ,  The killer is a male , in his early twenties , tall like 180 cms , has an habit of tweaking his ear lobes in distress or anxiety, suffering from bipolar disorder , narcissist , thinks the killing scene as his art piece , he finds pleasure in killing so if we don't arrest him the victim count will increase without a break ' said Gemini makes us despair. 

' Hearing Gemini 's profiling , killer seems to crave attention but at the same time he's scared of getting caught ' I said. ' Yes, that's why I want the police to conduct an open investigation and release the image of the killer in the media ' said Gemini. ' That's a bit hard, I don't want to cause public commotion but I do agree that it's a good way to make the killer believe that we know him and it's game over for him. I will try to convince the chief officer and Thi , in the mean time I will let you continue the investigation but I will keep it a secret from the team that you're involved. I will try to corporate as much as possible and share the details that we have found with you nong ' said P'Korn and left for the meeting.

We got into the car , Gemini decided to stay at my place till the case is closed. So, we are on the way to Gemini's condo to pick the things he will need. The car ride was silent, the talkative kid seemed to have a lot on his mind right now. ' Gem ? ' I called to get his attention, he turned around to look at me. ' How do you know about the killer's habit ? There wasn't anything noticeable in the footage or the case files' I asked. ' I watched the video footage in a loop while you were hugging that so called lovable senior of yours. I noticed that while he came out of the restroom till he got on the metro train , his hands were consistently in his pockets. But, at the ticket counter when he got that one-time pass , for a few seconds he tweaked his ears and hurriedly stuck back his hands into the pocket. I think it's his habit whenever he's anxious or stressed about something. But, why particularly at the ticket counter though ? ' asked Gem. ' I think he noticed the camera angle , he seemed to lower his mask a little to ask that one-time pass, the situation that someone has seen him may have induced that habit even without the killer noticing it ' I said. ' Ohhh , You really are a detective I guess ' he teased and made funny faces to make my glaring face to a smiling face. That kid succeeded in no time...

-x-