Chapter 16 - Discount

Fod / Thi POV

I rolled over the bed , stretching my lazy limbs and arms. I stared at the ceiling and tried to process the things happening to me, paying no attention to my vibrating phone. ' It's time you pick up that call , You have been ignoring it for two days ' said Gemini and sat next to me. ' It's fourth's sister, I am contemplating whether to pick up or not cause I don't know her but she has been calling frequently. I have to talk to her ' I said and made my  way out to call her back.

---------

I kept my phone on charging stand and laid next to Gemini. ' So ? What did she say ? ' he asked. ' She's getting married tomorrow, yelled at me for not attending her bridal shower and also not picking up her calls. Finally , blackmailed to murder me if I miss her wedding and hung up ' I said shaking my legs like a kid in frustration. ' You got a text from her ' said Gemini and showed me the notification center. ' If you show up without a date , I will kick you out. FYI , Mom and dad agrees with me lil brother ' I read from the preview. ' Oh no , What am I gonna do ? Where am I gonna find a date within a night ? ' I whined putting down my phone. ' I know a place ' he said perking my attention. ' Where Gem ? ' I asked. ' 617/11, Chorakhe Bua, Lat Phrao, Bangkok 10230, Thailand ' he said with a silly smile. ' Lat Phrao?....chorakhe Bua ... 617. I feel like I know it. Isn't that your condo ' I asked laughing. ' Chai, but the owner is temporaily staying at a different place though ' he said rolling over me. I smiled at his antics saying ' I missed this Gemini '. Immediately he held my cheeks saying ' Aw, You missed me baby ' then he squished it not letting me to yell at his comments. I pushed his hands away after failing many times , ' I didn't mean that way ' I said. 

' Anyways, Can the person living at 617/11 be your date ? ' he asked with eyes locked at my lips for the answer. I sighed and took a deep breath , ' I guess so , I don't have any choice ' I said. Gemini jumped in joy and ran outside to construct his outfit for tomorrow. ' It's still 5 pm in the evening Gemini , You're overreacting ' I yelled. ' That's called being prepared baby ' he yelled back.

---------

' Get your things  we are leaving in 15 minutes ' I said checking the gas valve and all the locks. ' P'Thi , Aren't you forgetting something ' he asked. I checked the gas valve and the locks again as well as the windows. ' The wedding present Phi ' he emphasized. ' Shia, How can I forget that ' I mumbled under my breath. ' Mai pen rai Phi , We pass by the MBK ( Ma Boon Khrong  ) Center , Let's get something there ' he said , I agreed with it. 

I drove the car , We reached there within 30 minutes. I went up and down the escalator at least four times. ' My knees will give up on me at this rate Phi ' said Gem and pulled me to sit down in a bench and we rested there for few minutes. ' Sorry Gemini , I am so indecisive when it comes to selecting gifts. This mall has 40 shops , More options then More the difficulty for me ' I said . ' Then , Let me select one. Come with me ' he said and pulled me into a shop. 

We got some pillows, matching cups , electric rice cooker , few things they may need in their new  house. The line seemed to never end at the cash counter. I got tired of waiting and leaned on gem's shoulder for support . It was getting late so , I switched our cart to the next lane that had just two people. The employee finished scanning all the items in our cart  and said ' The total is 2000 bhat sir . We do have couple discount 5 % going on for couples that shop here with their partners. Do you want to use- ' I stopped her before she can finish that. Gemini blushed and broke into a fit of laughter. I tried biting my lips to not laugh but looking at Gemini I failed, ignoring him I placed my card saying ' No. Let me just pay the original amount please '. 

That kid laughed all the way back to the car even while I was loading the bags onto the empty space. I glared at him , he went quiet and put on his seat beat. I started the engine , the car ride was silent till Mr.Crazy Bulldozer decided to end my peace. ' I thought you would say that she misunderstood or something like that , But you didn't. What's going on mister ? ' he asked. I shook my head , ' You're my date for the wedding , She wasn't completely wrong though ' I said turning to look at him. Gemini poked my cheeks  and did some funny dance. I think he was satisfied with my answer...

-x-