Notice

Let me explain from the reverse ,

The older fourth the one that's the youngest detective meets a superior that will evaluate his performance for promotion. The superior misuses his power to make fourth run errands for him. The tasks of fourth is usually patrolling and attending the complaints. One day when he was to start the patrol, he gets a call about an assault in the region, but his superior forces him to help his wife which makes fourth reach the scene too late. He breaks down knowing that his action made a civilian ( gem) hurt so badly while defending a person from the culprit. He visits gem's room in the hospital daily praying that he would wake up from the coma.

He goes to the temple and makes a wish to be given an opportunity to make everything right. The next day he wakes up in his bed as his younger self that's attending university. He lies that he swapped souls to all the people involved in the timeline cause :

1. He thought nobody would buy the story of time travelling to his past
2. If one day he goes back to the future from where he came, he was worried what will happen after that.If someone from this time line searches for him, that would become trouble so he lied about switching soul with a man who never existed.

Everything that the younger fourth talks about the person Thi is his imagination or simulation of building up a story , nothing really happened except for the murder cases. ( I know the story is tangled like a knot , it even became confusing for me as I tried connecting things from the first chapter to the last one. You guys deserve an award for reading this )

He comes across the serial murders that were a cold case in the future were on-going with open investigation in the past timeline where he was as his younger self, that's what he can remember when he was sitting at the auditorium.His guts told him that it maybe one of the reasons he was sent back here. Then , he meets gem and they solve the case and fourth falls for him on the process. At almost the end of investigation, fourth finds that the serial killer that they were chasing was the same person who attacked gem in the future. He was determined to catch him to save all the people.

On the rooftop, when the killer charged at gem fourth instinctively run at him cause he was afraid that he might be the reason gem gets hurt. The impact brought him back to the future where he was the youngest detective. Then , he comes to know that only him remembered about the time travel, all the people who was involved had their memories erased but in gem's case it was locked. The key to open it was the couple bracelet that they got when they were young , looking at that , gem got his memories back and realised that he fell for the same person twice.

I hope this helps 🌊