Wattpad Original
There are 58 more free parts

Recognisable

adjective ~ able to be recognised or identified from previous encounters or knowledge

NOVA

I spent the next morning leisurely.

It was Monday, which was the day Phoenix worked in the home office. That meant it would be easier to get him away from work to go into the woods for Pollux's plan. I was just waiting for the right time.

I was out on a stroll with the twins, practising my pushchair steering skills on rougher terrain. I figured bossing bouncy, uneven surfaces would benefit me on the smooth ones.

The twins were always easy on walks, laid back, staring up at the moving trees. Fred would love when a bird went past, gurgling with glee at the sight. Belle preferred to just absorb everything, her eyes wide and legs kicking at every interesting thing we passed by.

I was just passing the training grounds when quick footsteps followed me. Turning slightly, I recognised the scent of none other than Charlie. I paused, turning to face him as he approached.

"There you are." He breathed.

"You want me?" I wondered.

"It's happened." He stated. "You were right."

I grinned, leaning casually against the handle of the pushchair. "Oh, I was, was I?"

Charlie rolled his eyes. The brown lit up with humour.

"Are you coming?"

"Can I get a pushchair down there?" I frowned. "Or do I need to find someone?"

"It's the patrol route. It's pretty wide." He shrugged.

Humming, I focused on the sudden churn in my gut. Trusting my senses and my instinct was something I needed to do more. Even Theia had told me so, and with a soft shake of my head, I changed my mind.

"I don't want to take the twins there."

"Why not?"

"Call it my spider sense." I shrugged.

"Well, the spider sense was right about the breech, so I would trust it." Charlie agreed.

"I will find someone to watch the twins for an hour." I told him. "Give me ten minutes."

"I will follow you." Charlie smiled. "I'm sure there is someone."

Leaving the forest, I tried the multiple mind-links of my family. I hated making it so last minute, as I knew most were busy with work. To my understanding, Mum was cooking, Dad was out on patrol and Calida was working at the bakery. Molly would have baby Reya, and being ten weeks pregnant, the exhaustion was hitting hard.

"Everyone's busy." I grunted.

"Reggie?" He asked.

"Patrol."

Charlie hummed. "Your mum cooks today, right?"

"Sure does."

The silence that followed was so loud I swear I heard the engine churning inside his mind.

"Rose?"

I oohed. "I shall try."

Now at the pack house, I tuned into the luna bond and sought her out. She was in the gardens, which was a pleasant surprise. I quickly made my way there and spotted her instantly tending to some of the flowerbeds.

"Rose?" I called.

Her black hair swung wildly, bright and healthy with colour. Rose had really come along with her health, both physically and mentally. Her skin was bright, her muscles more defined and limbs less skeletal.