Wattpad Original
There are 18 more free parts

Absence

noun ~ the state of being away from a place or person

NOVA

I didn't have to wait long before Molly, Reya, and Rose were bustling into the garden room. Molly's squealing startled Belle awake, and I glared as Molly sheepishly curled around her daughter.

"Hi?" she squeaked.

"Hello." I hummed.

"How long was she down?"

"I can count the minutes on one hand."

"Shit, sorry." She sighed, sitting down beside me. "I'm sorry, Belle."

My daughter's crying ceased as she caught sight of Rose. Molly's expression softened as my daughter's blue eyes widened with delight, thinking it was for her. I didn't have the heart to tell her and thankfully didn't have to when Rose automatically reached down to the gurgling baby. Belle greedily grasped hold of her as Rose undid the seatbelt, clinging to her shit with a garbled conversation.

Molly was scowling now, eyeing Rose with a hint of jealousy. "Oh, I see how it is, Belle. I won't forget this."

I laughed softly, shaking my head. Freddy hadn't fallen asleep, but was content staring across at Reya. Molly turned her daughter around, letting the two of them peer down at each other.

"Wouldn't it be cool if our kids were mates?" She wondered.

I was about to nod, but then a sudden thought passed my mind. "Goddess, no! Leo is my brother."

"Not by blood!" She hurried.

Rose's light laughter drowned my disgusted sounds out, and I couldn't help but grin in return. Molly huffed, bouncing her daughter on her knee as she turned to face me fully.

"So, out with it. How many are we talking about?" She urged, eyeing me. "Two? Three? Wait, four?"

Rolling my eyes, I pulled the baby photos out of the pushchair's hood. I passed it to her without another word, watching as Rose peered over Molly's shoulder to have a look.

"One?" Rose wondered.

I nodded. "Just one."

Molly pouted. "Aw, I was hoping for more."

I laughed, flabbergasted. "You wish me to break my spine, don't you?"

She shrugged. "I love babies."

"You have one... two!"

"Yeah, but twins are so cute."

"They are hard work!" I huffed. "I'm lucky Phoenix is so attentive."

"Leo still moans when she has a dirty nappy." Molly pouted.

"Because Leo is a man-child." I snorted a laugh. "Soon he'll be elbows deep in poop!"

Molly grinned, nodding. "I can't believe we are pregnant at the same time again!"

"Weird coincidence."

"It's catching like a flu," Rose commented.

We laughed, and I watched as she sat with Belle in her arms. My daughter drifted off to sleep, and I was eternally grateful for Rose's magic touch.

"How's things with you and my brother?" Molly wondered.

"We're great, actually." She smiled softly.

I recognised the look in her eye. Not only was it one I found myself having at times, but I spotted it in the way all my other friends looked at each other. Even Calida looked like that when she thought about Charlie.