Wattpad Original
There are 20 more free parts

Dimness

adjective ~ not shining brightly or clearly

POLLUX

I stayed with Gemini for far longer than I expected. In that time, she opened my eyes to a world of pleasure. A blur of lust, hunger, entertainment and blinding dizziness. For the first time in my life, I forgot about everything holding me back. With Gemini's help, of course.

Our relationship had been purely essential, acting on the demands and wants of our bodies and nothing more. I liked her, though. She was funny and taught me how to let loose. For once, I never hungered, never let my mind wander to the what if's of the world. I gained a confidence I never thought I'd have, and I accepted I was a mere blip in this rock's orbit.

My life was meaningless.

Nothing I did mattered.

Nothing had repercussions or benefited a greater cause.

I lost myself in those thoughts. Accepting that life will never be what I want it to be.

But now, after what Gemini called an intensive eight-week course of leaning, I was leaving.

Pulling up my shorts, I adjusted my softening member accordingly. I didn't want to spook any children as I walked down the street. I have built a rapport with the people in this area of the city, and I did not want to ruin that.

But for now, I was leaving. Fun with Gemini was over, and the only thought that remained constant in my mind was travelling.

"You'll be careful out there, won't you?" Gemini wondered. "Can't you just leave tomorrow morning?"

My lips quirked, a slight haze to my vision as I looked at her. Pulling on my shirt, I admired her smile. She lay on her side, arms curled across her chest, naked amongst the sheets. My eyes ran over the curve of her breast and hip, satisfied in the past half an hour of pleasure.

"It's hot." I shrugged. "Moving at this time of day is the best."

She rolled her eyes, groaning softly. "I forget you are a pale ghost."

My laugh was soft as I buttoned my shirt and grabbed my bag. I was trying to leave earlier, but Gemini insisted she had one more lesson for me. Half an hour later, it was definitely time to go.

"Look after yourself, Pollux." She murmured, sitting up on the edge of the bed. "You have my number saved, right?"

"Sure do." I smiled. "I'll see you another time. And... thank you for showing me all of this."

She grinned, nudging a shot of red liquid my way. I rolled my eyes, taking it from the bedside table and necking it back. Human-grade alcohol was weak, but my immune system was not as great as werewolves, so my tolerance was somewhere in the middle.

I left without looking back, leaving my temporary residence. My mind wandered in time with my feet as I strolled down the hustling city. Seeing it through a haze made me smile, because everything seemed to glow differently.

I was young and free. I had nobody in my life that needed my existence.

I could do whatever I wanted.

And I have been doing. These weeks with Gemini and her friends have been incredible. I have learned lust, and I have learned greed. I gained a taste for a hazy mind and the world never seemed so fucking daunting.

For a while, I regretted my life choices. I should've never stayed with Clover; never trusted someone that wasn't my kind to look after my heart and soul. Maybe then, things wouldn't be so fucking terrible.