FRIEND

My plans to go into the office were definitely put on hold. I went back into my house to focus on speaking to the voice that came through to me.

Palesa, your name sounds familiar.

Does it?

Now I remember...My little sister is named after you.

How sweet. I miss your mother so much.

There was silence, and I waited for her to come back through. My phone was ringing but I ignored it. I had to get information from her.

I know my sudden intrusion is unexpected. I was unable to reach either of your parents. You were my only other option.

What is the danger you spoke of?

The blood moon spirits did not die when Victor and Yannis did. The power still lingers through the Crestmont bloodline.

Relatives of Ares and Gabriel?

Yes. Just as they were conceived and born, so were others in their family. Many know the history and fate of Victor and Yannis while remaining peaceful. Then there's the others who seek revenge.

Like who?

The Alpha of the Mountain pack. His pack has grown in numbers with the teachings of Queen Euphoria being their enemy with her traitor sons, Ares and Gabriel.

My eyes closed, and I could see the big house on the mountain hills. That old money was definitely treating them well.

There was a reason for both of their demise. Yannis and Victor caused chaos with my mother.

The Alpha's hunger for revenge doesn't allow him to seek the truth.

I figured a threat would come soon but not from the family of Ares and Gabriel. I would've assumed that their grandmother Estelle would diffuse the situation.

But my worries weren't heavy since the queendom is always prepared for a potential attack. There was no telling how many enemies were in gear and plotting to end the Queen's reign.

Well, we'll be ready for them.

I'm not sure you will, Amadi.

Why do you say that?

The threat isn't just some werewolves and witches. There is a demonic creature building its strength as we speak, preparing for an invasion of Ecstasia.

My heart raced at Palesa's words.

Estelle warned my brothers about the alphas and their allies.

The werewolves and witches are just the tip of the iceberg.

What should we do to prevent....

Before I could finish my thoughts, I heard Palesa shouting at something, then a loud scream followed.

How did you get through here?! Get away! AAAH! NOOO!

PALESA! PALESA!

A sudden pain shot through my eardrums, causing me to hold my head. My teeth began to grind as I tensed from the pain. Soon, my anger took over.

"Show yourself! Come and get me!"

My voice rang out and caused the mirror on my wall to shatter into pieces. Electric current sparked around my hands as I breathed heavily.

Palesa! Can you hear me?!

There was nothing, and I immediately opened a portal to Ecstasia.

***

Seeing Bianca in my office annoyed me. I have not seen or talked to her in years, and that's how I planned on keeping it.

"I am not your mate. Move on."

"You don't think I have?"

"I really don't care."

A smirk formed on her face. She was still stubborn as ever. I used to like that about her, but now it's pissing me off.

"Ares, this tough guy act will only last for so long."

"Hey, baby...I forgot my keys."

Shamika walked in, and I instantly got excited at that sight of her. You would think I didn't just nut in her mouth a few minutes ago.

"Hello sweetheart..." I smiled, then stood up.

"My keys aren't in my purse or bra...so they have to be in here."

Shamika ignored Bianca sitting in the chair and got down on her knees to look for her keys underneath my desk. The view was really nice.

"Found them!"

She looked up at me, then bit her bottom lip. I could smell her addicting arousal but kept my composure.

"Baby, I know what you're thinking...behave."

I helped Shamika up while she pouted her lips. She had on stilettos but still had to stand on her toes to kiss me. I sucked her bottom lip when she pulled away.

"Mmmm, are you sure, Mr. Cordier?"

Damn, she was sexy as fuck and it didn't take much for me to get hard when she was around. I looked at Bianca who sat with her arms crossed.

"Oh...who's your friend, baby?" Shamika asked with a smile.

"This is..."

"I'm his ex lover, Bianca Hunter."

"Aw, how cute."

"How long have you two been dating?"

"Almost a year..." I answered while staring at Shamika.

Everytime we were together it was like being in our own world. Nothing or anyone around us mattered.

"Wow...that's different being that she's human."

I sat down then Shamika sat on my lap. She smelled so good and I inhaled, enjoying myself.

"You're a werewolf, too, that's cool."

Shamika knew all about my species and took the information very well when I first told her.

"Thanks."

Bianca gave intense eye contact which usually intimidated other female werewolves and humans alike but Shamika didn't back down.

"So what's the reason for you visiting my man?"

"I was in the neighborhood. Decided to stop by and say hello."

Shamika smiled. "You wanna fuck him again, huh? I get it...he got some really good dick."

This is the first time I've ever blushed or witnessed Bianca at a loss for words. She caught herself and focused back on the conversation.

"Well, I would definitely know."

"Yup. That's why you're here...."

Shamika got up then kissed my lips. "I'll see you later, baby."

"It was nice meeting you, Tamika." Bianca smirked.

"Don't get cute, bitch and definitely don't underestimate his little human girlfriend."

"Girl, you don't scare...."

Smoke began to come from Bianca's hair. My eyes widened as the smoke turned into flames.

"Oh shit." I grabbed the bottle of water off my desk.

"Aaah! My hair! My hair!"

"Je ne joue pas fair-play." (I don't play fair)

Shamika walked out while I poured a bottle of water on top of Bianca's head.

I sighed. "I love that woman."