THREAT

While pulling off the head of another decrepit werewolf, I noticed the main witch yoking up our brother, Ethan. I had a few grenades on me, so I put them to good use.

I'm always prepared for war, and these are special type of grenades. They don't do the usual explosion of fire but electrical voltage.

"Big bro!"

He heard my voice and flipped the witch over his shoulder. I threw the ball of chaos, Ares caught it and stuffed it in the witch's mouth.

They had a few seconds to back away from her. Ethan kicked her in the stomach, sending her a few feet away. In mid-air, the grenade of electricity sent a high voltage through her body that hit a few of the creatures near her.

It was fucking glorious to watch.

"Oh shit, Gabe!" My twin was impressed.

Her smokey body hit the ground hard, causing all the other witches to retreat in despair. My brothers stood together, making sure each one of our limbs was still intact.

"Do you guys feel that?" Amadi asked.

Before we could answer, the ground rumbled. We looked around as the demented creatures ran the opposite direction of us. It was as if the ground was giving way as cracks slowly formed underneath us.

"RUN!" Ethan yelled.

We all flashed toward the border of Ecstasia. Squid like tentacles came from out of the hard dirt and grabbed at our running feet.

"Oh shit!" Ares yelled, ducking a tenacle.

"AAAH!"

"GABRIEL!"

I felt my body being pulled from off my feet. The tentacle wrapped around me, then squeezed. I winced in pain, which pissed me off more.

My canines grew, and I bit into the squid-like flesh. I spit out the chunk as the beast roared in pain from under the ground. Ethan sliced through its limb, severing it from the rest.

I fell to my feet and took off running with my brothers.

"Grenade!" Amadi called out.

He caught what I threw. This was an explosive one, and he threw it into the trailing crack in the ground. That's when we all really took off putting our supernatural abilities to work.

We made it over the border and then joined hands to form our shield. The explosion shook the ground as we kept our balance. The big cloud of dust came towards us and hit our shield.

Thankfully, we were spared the debris hitting us.

"What the fuck was that thing?" Ares asked.

Ethan stood shaking his head. "I have no clue."

"The Saken," Amadi answered.

"I thought it was only under water."

Ares picked up a piece of the tentacle laying at the border. It was slimy and putrid.

"Whatever that was, we need to be ready for when it returns."

***

Madam Celeste sat in her rocking chair watching the dark clouds fill the sky. The horrid trees' branches spiked towards the sky with buzzards occupying their leafless limbs.

She knew there were visitors that entered the Demented forest but was sure that the creatures and fellow witches would greet them accordingly.

For many years, she despised the queen of Ecstasia. Euphoria always seemed to prevail over anything thrown at her and it pissed Madame Celeste off.

From the death of her lady in waiting, attacks on her queendom and even the death of former lovers haven't stopped her reign.

Celeste faced Euphoria one time and was surprised at the power that she possessed. She had never felt anything like the jolt of pain the queen sent through her body.

"Madam! They killed Cora!"

"What?!"

She stood to her feet while three of her underling witches burst into her home.

"The Saken has also awakened but was harmed by the visitors."

"Who are these visitors?"

"We just learned that they are the sons of the Queen."

Madam Celeste remembers wanting the two heartbeats that were in Euphoria's belly. Her dreams of having babies were so close to being reality but were snatched away with the help of the queen's lovers.

"These are all adult males?"

"Yes Madam."

"So that means the twin hearts that I heard years ago were in the Demented Forest just now. They survived."

Celeste's anger began to grow and the constant fortune of the queen. She had everything that she had always wanted...beauty, true love from a man, children, and to sit on the throne.

"I once had the former king of Ecstasia's heart. But he banned me from his kingdom once he found out I was a witch. I thought our love would change his hatred for my kind, but I was wrong."

Tears fell down her cheek as she looked into the mirror. Her beauty quickly faded once she lived in the Demented Forest. And she longed to be what she once was.

"His son's had a nerve to ask me for help with getting rid of Euphoria. That's why I turned them into ghastly creatures of this forest."

She also put a curse on the former king, which led to his early death. But her thirst for revenge still wasn't quenched.

"And to think...the queen of Ecstasia doesn't like my kind either. Bitch."

"What do we do next?" Her servant asked.

Celeste sat back down in her rocking chair as a crystal ball formed in front of her. Occasionally, she was able to see into the Queen's home.

Recently, she was able to possess one of her servants, but she needed another way to invade their home.

After an hour of watching through the crystal ball, the sound of a young child's laughter came through.

"Where is that coming from?"

Celeste sat forward in curiosity. Soon, a big smile formed on her face as the young princess came into view.

"Sh-She has a young daughter? What a pretty little angel."

Her obsession couldn't be contained.

"I'm going to get her and make her the best witch Ecstasia has ever seen."