RETREAT

My brothers and I returned to the same spot we were taken from. I was happy to finally be back home.

Suddenly, we could hear loud screams and pleas coming from down the hall. All of us ran to the location.

Once the doors were open, our mother stood near the conference table.

"Father..." Ethan said.

"Hello, son."

An unknown man was on the floor with his neck bleeding as an unknown woman cried over his unconscious body.

Our stepfather, Nathan, took the handkerchief from his suit jacket and cleaned the red substance from his mouth.

"My sons are back!"

Our mother ran towards us, one by one, giving us a hug.

"Father, what is going on?" Ethan asked.

"Oh, nothing... just finishing our meeting."

The woman looked at me and Ares.

"You two are the sons of Victor and Yannis."

My twin's brows furrowed. "Who are you?"

"I'm your cousin, Laura Crestmont, and that is your other cousin, William."

"And they were just leaving."

The queen spoke, and the guards came to pick William up, who was still unconscious.

We heard a commotion outside. Through the window, the guards were holding back a bunch of people from coming inside the palace.

Ethan was about to go, but I stopped him.

"Bro, go check on Camille. We got this."

He patted my shoulder, and the rest of us went to the palace entrance. The three of us stood at the top of the stoop.

Who wants to go first?

Amadi asked... I smiled.

Ares and him stood back. There were no words spoken while I sent a shockwave through the small crowd of people.

Screams took over as they all fell to the ground in pain. I stopped my surge, but they remained where they were.

"Get the fuck off the queen's property. That's your final warning."

They all hurried back to the vehicles taking Laura and an unconscious William with them.

We went back inside and let the guards take it from there.

"Madi, Reesy, Gabe bear!!!"

Our little sister ran towards us. I was the first to pick her up with hugs. My brother followed as we went into the great room.

Ethan stood watching Camille get measured for her gown and we all smiled.

"Guys!"

Camille ran to us and gave us hugs. It was really good to see her.

"Hey, should you be running?" I joked with her and she giggled.

She looked at Ethan as if he called her. Soon, she was in his arms while they kissed like lovebirds.

"I got everything I need. I will be in touch."

The dressmaker got the hint and so did we, leaving Ethan and Camille alone.

"I'm starving, where's the food?" I said as we went into the dining room.

Amadi felt the same and we both sat at the table. Within minutes the table was covered with side dishes, beverages and two main courses.