PREY

It took all three of us to get Ares off of Duvan. Amadi put a shield around us to stop us from getting lit up like a christmas tree.

"Get him off of me! He's insane!"

"Yannis, you bastard. You've come back and I will fucking end you."

"My brother is not your father's reincarnate!"

Euphoria stood in between us and touched Ares' cheek. He instantly put his focus on her.

"Ares, mommy is fine...everything's fine. Yannis is dead and gone for good, my baby."

His eyes blinked a few times as his claws retracted and his canines did the same.

"Do you hear mommy? He's gone, Ares."

My brother's eyes went back to normal as he looked around. His eyes went back to our mother.

"My bad, mom. I'm okay now."

She smiled. "Okay good."

Amadi, Gabe and I looked at each other then slowly let him go.

Duvan stood back while Cristian got in front of him. I've never seen Ares snap like that before but I was happy I did. My little brothers are fucking powerful and I was very proud.

Once everything calmed down, we were able to get explanations from Estelle about the information she gave to her grandsons.

"I was under the impression that Duvan was trying to conquer another territory. That is what he is known for doing. But when I asked him to confirm he told me I was incorrect on my information."

"That's why we agreed to meet Queen Euphoria and make our true intentions known. Ecstasia is a beautiful place, the last thing I want to do is destroy it."

My father looked at me....we both still didn't believe them.

"Is it possible for us to show you the property and land we are interested in?"

I looked at Cristian. "Yes, but it would only be you and your brother. Until we can trust your intentions, you can't bring anyone else with you."

"That is fine. We'll even stay where Euphoria suggests."

"That'll work. You both will be watched during your stay in Ecstasia. If everything goes as planned, you will be invited to my palace to eat dinner with my family."

"Are you sure, Kitty?"

I knew my father wasn't feeling that.

"Yes, I am confident that I will not be harmed. And if there is an attempt they will be executed."

Duvan and Cristian looked at each other. They believed every word my mother said.

***

Today the fellas were having their bi-weekly dinner with their mother. But this dinner was different since the brothers were bringing their significant others along, except for Gabriel.

He didn't want Elva embarrassing him in front of his mother and Nathan.

"Baby, I'm nervous." Shamika paced Ares' bedroom floor.

"You'll be fine. My mother is a sweet woman."

"She doesn't know I used to be a stripper, right?"

He smiled. "Baby, she's not going to care."

"Maybe I should change my dress."

"You can if you want, but I think you look beautiful and sexy."

Her eyes widened. "Sexy? Oh no...I'm changing."