ATTACH

My father's words caught me off guard. I have been avoiding Judy for a few months. She was so invested in us being together, and I felt like crap that I was pulling away.

"Oh well..things haven't been serious between us. I didn't see a need for you to meet her."

"Not serious?"

Gabriel and Ares had already left, but Ethan remained. He was still sitting with his father at the table.

"Yeah...not serious."

"Hi Amadi."

To my surprise, Judy walked into the room. I looked at my father, and he had a serious look on his face. My focus went back to her.

"What are you doing here?"

My dad answered. "I invited her."

Judy walked closer towards me, then gave me a hug. I didn't know how to feel at the moment. My anger was overruled by my guilt.

"So, you've already met her. That's good."

"Yes. King Hasani has explained to me the dreams I've been having..."

"How did you come in contact with him?" Ethan asked, curious.

"I tend to check on my people's reincarnations from time to time. And Ebele is no exception."

My eyes widened, and my father smirked.

"Yes, son...I know she is your stepmother's reincarnate."

The fact that my father could see Judy's life freaked me out. That means he may have seen her and I doing intimate things.

"Are you okay, little bro?" Ethan looked concerned.

"Y-Yeah...I just need some fresh air."

I walked away, leaving Judy behind. My father's opinion has always superseded others, so I was slightly panicking.

He didn't seem too upset that I've been sleeping with his Queen's reincarnate. Or maybe he didn't see that part of Judy's life...I hope he hasn't.

"Are you okay, Amadi?"

Judy's sweet voice spoke behind me. I wish there was a way for me to forget this dilemma I'm having about her. I turned to face her as the breeze blew her tight curls against her face.

I moved some of the hair from over her eyes.

"I'm fine."

"It doesn't seem like it. You looked like you saw a ghost when I walked into the room."

"I wasn't expecting to see you..."

"Yeah, so you can continue to hide the truth from me."

A deep breath left my body. This talk was inevitable.

"Listen, Judy...I would never intentionally try to hurt you."

"But I still was hurt nonetheless. All you had to do was be honest with me. I thought I did something wrong."

"I apologize for that. I hope you can forgive me."

Judy kissed me on the cheek, then smiled.

"Yeah, I forgive you. Besides, I've decided to join King Hasani's harem."

My face showed my surprise. "What?"

She shrugged. "I mean...I am his queen's reincarnate. And your father is very attractive. I see where you get it from."

I was at a loss for words, but what she said did make sense.

"You've talked to my father about this?"

"I will."

Judy walked back into the mansion with excitement. All I could do was laugh.

"Wow."

***

King Hasani sat at the table continuing his conversation with Nathan and Ethan.

Soon, Euphoria walked back into the room, and his face lit up. Nathan got up to kiss her.

"Ethan, are you staying overnight?" She asked.

"I might...Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to make sure your room was ready."

"My Queen, everything is finished."

Camille bowed and gave her a smile. Ethan stared at her as if seeing her for the first time.

Euphoria smiled. "Thank you, sweet girl. You can take the rest of the day off if you wish."

"I will after I take care of the laundry, my queen."

Camille's dark skin was flawless and soft to the touch. Her lips were full and glossy while her long, thick hair hung down her back in a low ponytail.

Euphoria touched her cheek. "Don't work yourself too hard, okay?"

"Yes, your majesty."

Camille smiled, and Ethan felt his heart skip a beat. His hand covered his chest while she walked out of the room.

This wasn't his first time seeing her, so he was confused as to why his body was suddenly reacting to her presence.

"Mother, how long has Camille worked here?" He asked.

"For about three years..."

"Why do I not remember her?"

"Well, you weren't really here that much, and she was really young when she started here."

"How young?"

"She was sixteen...why is something wrong?"

"No...I was just wondering."

The queen walked away while Ethan left the room. Judy walked past Amadi, and both looked like they made amends.

Ethan paced down the halls, then decided to take the elevator to his level.

"She's only nineteen..."

Her beauty was exquisite, but something else about her made his body heat up. He got off the elevator walking towards his bedroom.

"Oh! Prince Ethan...I just changed your comforter set. Everything is nice, clean and fresh."

His eyes closed as Camille's scent sent chills down his spine.

"S-Sir Ethan, are you okay?"

He opened his eyes at the sound of her soft voice. His canines began to grow, and the fear in her eyes showed.

"M-My apologies, I will go..."

She tried to leave, but Ethan blocked her exit. His pupils began to turn amber gold, causing tears to fill her brown eyes.

"I can't let you leave."

He shut the door and locked it.

She instantly bowed in fear. "W-Whatever I did, I can fix it, your majesty."

"You did nothing wrong."

Ethan made her stand upright. Then his hand touched her cheek.

"You are breathtaking."

Her fear, scent, and tears turned him on...everything about her did.

The overwhelming need to claim and protect her was running through his veins. He welcomed the energy.

"If I did nothing wrong, why am I not allowed to leave?"

"Because....."

She looked up at Ethan while he towered over her. The fear in her eyes turned into curiosity as she placed her hand on his chest.

"We need to talk, Camille."

He wiped her tears while his stare kept her in a trance.