Part 26

''Doctor! How's appa?" asked Jennie.

''Miss Kim, sit down.'' the doctor said, pointing to a chair.

''I'll sit down when you tell me what's wrong with appa.''

''Miss Kim, please sit down. You're stressed.'' the doctor told her.

Jennie couldn't sit down.

She was so stressed that she wanted to cry again at that moment.

Mrs. Son sat Jennie on the chair and Taehyung took her hand to calm her down a little.

''Miss Kim. Your father escaped unharmed. With his illness, it's normal for him to faint, but there's one thing I have to tell you.''

''What is it, doctor?'' asked Mrs. Son.

''We did some examination. The results we found are a bit disturbing.'' the doctor said.

''What do you mean? Is his condition getting worse?'' asked Taehyung.

''Unfortunately, yes. The test results are even worse than they were a few months ago.'' the doctor replied.

''After all, he has the best treatment he can have. So why is his condition getting worse?'' asked Taehyung.

''Yes he does. We don't know ourselves why it's not working, that's why we're trying to figure out why the patient's condition worsened.''

''C..can I s..see him?'' asked Jennie.

''The patient fell asleep after the examination. It's especially late, Miss Kim. Go home and rest and come back tomorrow morning. We'll keep Mr. Kim for a few days.''

''Okay doctor. Thank you very much for your help.'' said Miss Son.

''Come on Jennie. Let's go home.'' Taehyung said to Jennie as he lifted her from the chair.

''Will you stay with me?''

''I'll stay with you. Don't worry about it.'' Taehyung smiled.

''The main thing is that Woobin is here and the doctors are keeping an eye on him.'' said Mrs. Son.

NEXT MORNING

''Good morning.'' said Mrs. Son.

''Good morning to you too, Auntie.'' said Taehyung.

''Where's Jennie?'' she asked him.

''She's still sleeping. I didn't want to wake her up.'' he said as he sat down on a bar stool.

Mrs. Son smiled.

''Is there anything you want to help with, Auntie?'' Taehyung asked.

''I don't need help with anything Tae. Thank you. Sit quietly and eat the pancakes I made here.'' she said as she handed him a plate full of pancakes.

''They look delicious auntie. And they smell delicioustoo.'' Tae said.

''Enjoy. I'm gonna go get some food. When Jennie wakes up, let her eat before you go to the hospital.''

''Aren't you coming with us?''

''I'll go, but you have to wait for me.'' said Mrs. Kim as she put on her grey coat that reached below her knees.

''We'll wait for you, Auntie.''

''That's good to hear. See you later.'' she said as she left.

''Where is Auntie going?'' Jennie asked Taehyung.

Taehyung turned around and saw Jennie.

''Good morning darling. Auntie went shopping, but she'll be right back. Otherwise, are you awake yet?''