Something to live for.

(A/N finally we get a more Will chapter, lowekey love writing from his perspective)
.
.
.
.

As the avian approched he was unable to stifle the happy purrs that rumbled whenever Ace was near. Even as "enemies" Wilbur had adored the hero witth everything in his heart, or what was left of it.

"Come come sit darling i hope you'll like what i got for you!"

He'd seen the market in town when he'd been on patrol earlier, made a mental note to pick up something shiny for the avain and robbed a bank for some cash to spend. He was much too smart to ever use his credit card for non-villian related purchases.

Wilbur watched as the ravenette cautiously sat beside him, it was like he was getting closer every day!! It was so exciting to be near him...just to be around him was so much better than every moment before Wilbur brought him home! Ace gave him reason, to keep living, to keep being who he was! Having the hero by his side was more than he could have dreamed of.
His birdie slowly, and with shaking hands, opened the carefully wrapped present.

"Will...this is...wow"

In the ravenette's hands lay a perfect cresent tanzite gem, in a golden pendant with engraved flowers covering but not concealing the precious stone. It was attached to a leather cord just long enough to loop over the avains head without touching any of the feathers that adorned his face.

He was as beautiful as the gem, no no much more beautiful. Amber eyes, black hair that fell just under his chin with bangs that swept to the side covering the scar Wilbur knew was on the other's cheek.

Wilbur loved his passion
Wilbur loved his style
Wilbur loved his feathers
Wilbur loved his defiance
Wilbur loved his eyes
Wilbur loved his attitude
Wilbur loved his face
Wilbur may have even loved him

His body, his wings, his temper, his perfectionist drive, his skills in the air.

All of these things made Ace perfect.

The small avain draped the necklace over his head, looking up to meet his eyes with a gorgeous gracious smile. His heart stopped beating at the sight. Fuck he'd never seen something more beautiful in his life, no painting nor person could ever look more radiant.

"Thank you Wilbur, it's the most beautiful gift I've ever gotten"

His words fell like drops of pure sunlight, every single moment spent by Ace's side was one he'd always remember.

Drowning in thoughts of bliss Wilbur didn't even notice the avain shuffle closer until his beautiful wings touched Wilbur's back.

Blush rushed to his face colouring his pale skin, Wilbur sat frozen unsure how to best react to his beloved bird cuddling him by choice. Fuck oh fuck oh fuck fuck shit oh fuck!!! His darling was nuzzling against him perfectly relaxed!! He'd actually made Ace happy!!

Blushing and stuttering Wilbur hugged back tightly, both men tumbling backwards into the nest laughing and giggling.

Ace looked at him with an expression Wilbur had never seen before, not on his angel, not his family, not on anyone.

He liked it...a lot...

"Wilbur thank you, you're the first person to actually treat me as someone more than Ace, more than just the smiling hero. It's opened my eyes being around you, i really like being here...is that weird...?"

Wilbur quickly shook his head still too stunned to speak.

"I want to tell you somwthing...but...but i think i need more time..? Can you be patient until I'm ready...?"

He nodded again, faster this time, purring loudly and holding the avain close. He felt like his insides were about to burst and everything around him faded into nothing when Ace closed the distance between them to quickly kiss Wilbur's cheek.

"I think i like you Wilbur..."