Ashes to Ashes.

Deep in his lungs there was soot, on his hands there was dust and blood. Everything around him was destroyed and broken beyond repair. Like him.

Broken, useless, worthless, pathetic

This vision, the unfinished and unsung symphony he saw before him, that was Wilbur's destiny. He dreamt of it almost every night, he loved seeing his master plan become reality and if not for one thing he'd have already brought it forwards. That one thing being...

Quackity, his perfect avain darling, wings filled with debris and face stained with the same crimson on Wilbur's hands. He knows it's his fault, he knows that if he completes his single great wish, that desire of his, it would be the end for Quackity. Wilbur had no reason to contuine on if there was no darling to come home to, to see every day and to adore, to have beside him.

Not worth it, not worth Quackity, nothing was deserving of the curse he brought about, he was a burden to everyone.

Waking with a start Wilbur came back to his senses slowly, he was dully aware of Quackity sleeping beside him but the beast within kept his focus on something else. Teeth grinding and scales clicking, something inside him tore viciously. The feeling of dread pulling at his every nerve.

Wrong, bad, not good, evil feeling, wrong, not good, bad.

"Wiiiiiill....lay down..."

"Stupid semi-human heat pack.....I'm cold..."

"Why do you have to wake up so early...it's stupid...."

"Will..? Please..."

Not even the pleas of his shrike could pull his focus from it. The small silk scarf hanging on his dresser, light blue and embroided with foxes. He remembers every stitch, he made it with pride and love. Love for his-

Prime...fuck not again....oh prime...

Her, she's here, bad, bad, her, evil, hurt, pain, bad, evil.

Getting up shakily, despite the whines from his angel, Wilbur put the scarf away tucked into the draw before returning to the bed and settling in the nest he made. Curling in on himself with a soft sigh and a tight grip of the sheets.

"Will is everything okay...?"

He shook his head, his throat felt empty and sore he couldn't speak. Wilbur could feel his heart pumding in his chest, it was all he could hear. Every worry and concern that was brought up from his dream came back in full force.

It'll be your fault like it was last time, you do anything and he'll treat you like she did, she was right to blame you, Sally was right, Quackity will become like her, Sally and Quackity both hate you, you hurt them by hurting other people and Quackity will treat you like she did.

He was snapped out of his spiral of thoughts by the gentle touch of Quackity's lips against his own, they tasted like blood, sweet and slightly of metal. It wasn't like the kiss before, it wasn't driven by fear or any real instinctive emotion. It was soft and sweet, a delicate touch that didn't even leave time for him to reciprocate.

Quackity pulled away and gently cupped his cheeks, murmuring quiet comforting things to him as he forced his way into the others arms. He kept telling Wilbur it would be okay, that he was there.

He was there, he'd had chances to escape and Wilbur knew that. Yet he stayed anyway, he stayed with Wilbur and he complained about how warm the taller was. It didn't matter how it happened but it had, Quackity cared for him.

He could take solice in that.