Chapter 28-Archives And Deployment

The Jedi Archives would give the Library of Alexandria a run for its money. Cassandra concluded, marveling at the ginormous cathedral of knowledge. The domed ceiling had been painted with constellations; the stars chips of small crystal embedded in the plaster.

Rows of towering shelves housed an infinite collection of holobooks. More knowledge than a human could absorb in a lifetime.

An elderly woman in a simple beige robe manned the information desk. She smiled, wrinkles framing her bright blue eyes. "Master Skywalker, you do not often grace our humble abode. May I be of any assistance?"

Anakin rapped his knuckles against the desk thoughtfully. "Madam Jocasta, I'm interested in myths and legends about Ansion and their antiquities."

The librarian shuffled stiffly from behind her desk. In spite of her age, Madam Jocasta moved gracefully and quickly across the floor. "I believe I know what you're looking for. Please follow me."

Cassandra, Anakin, and Madam Jocasta took a lift up to the mezzanine. The shelves Cassandra glimpsed from the ground floor ran deeper than she initially assumed, disappearing into the shadowed recesses of the archives.

 The shelves Cassandra glimpsed from the ground floor ran deeper than she initially assumed, disappearing into the shadowed recesses of the archives

The tables below were occupied by Jedi and Padawan but in this section they were empty and quiet. Perfect for Cassandra's and Anakin's purposes.

The librarian located what they needed in the next row and piled the books and data chips into Anakin's arms. "This should aid in your research. If you require further aid, I will be downstairs."

Cassandra took some of the books from Anakin before he dropped them. "This is a lot. Will we be able to read all these?"

 Will we be able to read all these?"