Chapter 37-Three Words Change Everything

"We're going back to Geonosis?" Anakin exclaimed, unsure if he heard the other Jedi correctly.

Geonosis held a host of bad memories for him. The last time Anakin was on the planet he ended up chained to a post with a monster trying to eat him. If the clones hadn't showed up, Dorme, Obi-Wan, and he would have been killed.

Anakin battled Count Dooku and lost his arm. A reckless move he regretted. He'd allowed his anger to control him and was unfocused during their fight and lost. Master Yoda saved Obi-Wan and him from being murdered by the Sith Lord.

"Senator Dorme acquired schematics for a new droid factory on the planet from her ex-lover Senator Clovis." Plo Kloon's hologram reported, hovering over the holomap table. "We have an opportunity to deal the Separatists a blow by retaking the planet and destroying the factory."

Anakin glanced at Yularen for confirmation. The admiral nodded curtly, signaling his approval of the plan. "Geonosis." He murmured.

"We're better prepared for an assault this time around. I am confident we can occupy the planet." Plo Kloon proclaimed. "General Skywalker, you will be leading the mission alongside General Kenobi."

Someone had to keep the Order running while the Council was at war. Anakin crossed his arms tightly over his chest. "I thought Master Obi-Wan was in charge of the Jedi Temple."

"An exception has been made." Plo Kloon explained, in a neutral voice. "His prior experience on the planet is an asset. He is needed on the front."

Anakin gripped his gauntlet, covering the commlink. "Where does this leave Master Pierce?"

"Upon learning the details of the mission, Chancellor Palpatine has conscripted Master Pierce to the army to aid us on the battlefield."

Feeling frantic, he squeezed his fist under his arm. This is the first time he could remember being angry at the Chancellor.

Master Kloon's breathing mask concealed all facial expressions. He exuded his usual steadiness as he spoke. "If you wish for a more concrete explanation, I recommend speaking with the Chancellor. Master Pierce is scheduled to arrive during the next rotation with Master Kenobi and the 212th."

Once the debriefing concluded, Anakin stormed into his quarters. The durasteel walls vibrated with his rage. Roaring, he slammed the sofa against the wall, smashing it to bits. The destruction only fueled his anger. He destroyed his personal dining table and a bottle of ale with the Force.

Anakin stumbled over the debris, puffing furiously. He jammed his thumb against his commlink. "This is General Skywalker, I'd like to speak with the Chancellor."

"One moment please."

Palpatine's hologram appeared. "Anakin, I take it you heard about the mission." He sounded like he'd expected Anakin's call.