Chapter 31-Danger Aboard!

After almost two months, Cassandra thought she was used to the varied shapes and sizes of spaceships until she laid eyes on Satine's behemoth of a ship docked in front of the palace. Resembling an upside-down shark fin, the Coronet had rows of glittering windows down the vertical structure that reminded her of a cruise ship.

The sun was glaringly bright today, so she conjured a pair of sunglasses and pushed them up her nose. "Well, Ken, we're off on another whirlwind adventure."

"Hopefully, the journey to Coruscant won't be plagued with nearly as much excitement." The Jedi replied, sounding tired. "The peaceful ways of the locals have worn me about a bit." He crossed his arms and surveyed the ship's crew racing around the platform. "Are you feeling alright? You barely ate any breakfast this morning."

Her throat hurt and her nose was stuffed up. Not wanting him to unnecessarily worry, she played it down. "Just feeling a little under the weather. Probably, a cold."

Obi-Wan studied her with a suspicious frown. Before he could interrogate her further, Anakin's lanky form appeared on the Coronet's boarding platform. He spotted them and strode across the dock.

Cassandra's heart flooded with excitement to see her boyfriend. It had only been a few days, but the separation had been more painful than she anticipated. Her body shook with the need to run into his arms and kiss him until she was out of breath.

"General Skywalker, reporting for escort duty

"General Skywalker, reporting for escort duty." Anakin presented himself before Obi-Wan. He scanned Cassandra automatically for injuries, landing on her bandaged hand. His brows shot up in alarm. "Are you okay?" He asked urgently.

The landing platform outside the Mandalorian palace wasn't the place for this discussion. Anakin would have a stroke when he learned of the battle with Death Watch on the moon and how Cassandra nearly got her throat cut. "Uh...we ran into some difficulties on Concordia but nothing I couldn't handle." She stuttered.

"What kind of difficulties?" Anakin demanded, casting an accusing stare at Obi-Wan beside her

"What kind of difficulties?" Anakin demanded, casting an accusing stare at Obi-Wan beside her. "I knew this mission was too dangerous after you told me about the terrorist attack on Kavala!"