Valentine's Bonus

Cassandra set a heavy basket beside Anakin. Startled, he looked up from the pile of mechanical parts he'd been toying with. "What's this?"

The time had come. The moment long past due. Cassandra had spent the day cooking a romantic meal for two. She was determined to finally have a proper date with her boyfriend. What's more special of an occasion than Valentine's Day?

"You are going to take me to your favorite spot in the city." She declared, fisting her hands on her hips.

From the sofa Anakin smirked playfully and folded his arms behind his head, stretching out his long legs. "Oh, am I?"

Cassandra leaned over him grinning. She clamped her hands against his cheeks and smooshed his face. "Yep. We're going on a date, Cuddles! Today's Valentine's Day!"

Anakin carefully peeled her hands away and brought them to his lips. He kissed the tips of her fingers gently. "What's Valentine's Day?"

 "What's Valentine's Day?"

"Um..." For a second Cassandra lost her train of thought. Her boyfriend was nuzzling her knuckles, and it was doing strange things to her insides.

Clearing her throat, she focused. "Valentine's Day is an Earth holiday that celebrates the love between couples."

"A holiday that celebrates love? Sounds romantic." He teased, sliding his nose along the sensitive skin along her wrist.

Cassandra tugged her hand free and pouted. If he wasn't so cute, she'd toss a Flerken at him! "Don't tease me, Anakin. We both know you're more lovey-dovey than me. I figured you'd be all about Valentine's Day."

Anakin was her first boyfriend

Anakin was her first boyfriend. She'd never celebrated Valentine's Day like this before. Usually, she holed up and watched a movie or hung out with her mom.

Yes, Cassandra realized how pathetic her Valentine's streak was. She might as well have 'loser' tattooed on her forehead.

Which is why she was so excited. She finally could celebrate the holiday like a normal woman. With a handsome guy who worshiped the ground she walked on. Who loved her more than anything.