one

Alice Jones

"See you tomorrow then?" Kyle asks me as we're leaving the school building. I nod and smile.

I've learned some things about Kyle today. He's a great student and if you don't know him he kinda looks like a nerd. It was my first thought when he turned around to face me earlier this morning.

He gives off these good boy vibes every mother would fall for when you introduce your boyfriend to your parents.

I really like him, he helped me when I struggled in class earlier, introduced me to some of our classmates and made sure I'm alright.

He seems like he's a really good friend and he told me he's the captain of the soccer team where he's probably doing a great job as well.

I haven't really told him anything about me except for the fact that my favorite color is blue, I prefer summer over winter and that my favorite food is tacos and burgers.

I don't want to tell him about my life before I moved to Boston. I have to start my perfect life here.
I'll continue having good grades and work hard to graduate well.

Boston is really pretty. I like the city and the nature here and of course the people. They all seem really nice.

"Oh, by the way. Do you want to meet my friends some time?" Kyle asks me, fixing his glasses on his small nose. "Sure, I'd love to." I smile and he seems excited as he hears my answer.

"Great." He smiles, his smile is addicting and I start smiling too. "I'll introduce you to them as soon as the opportunity comes. See you tomorrow!" He waves and leaves.

I see my cousin's car from afar and walk towards it but then I see that blonde girl from earlier leaning against the car, chatting with Brian.

She's laughing and playing with her hair, definitely checking him out.
I clear my throat and they both turn their attention to me.

"There you are. You took long. Hop in." Brian says, chewing on his gum to look cool in front of her even though he actually looks like a cow chewing on grass.

"Bye,Brian." She grins, walking away. "She's gorgeous." I look at him. "She's a bitch." Brian looks at me like I cursed him out.

"Kyle said she is and to be honest she looks like one." He scoffs. "You definitely have no taste."

He clenches his jaw, definitely thinking about the fact that I just called Madeline a bitch. I actually have no right to do so because I don't know her yet. I'm calling someone a bitch even though I haven't even talked to her properly.

"I'll not pick you up from school anymore. You can walk." He starts the engine of the car and drives off.

"Don't cry like a baby when she dumps you." He keeps his eyes on the road. "She won't. One date won't hurt." I laugh. "Keep me updated."

___________________

As we arrive home and enter the house I can smell the delicious smell of food. Susen makes the most delicious food. At family events she always brought the best food and I loved when she invited us over to eat at her place.

"I hope you guys are hungry." She says with a smile on her lips, coming towards us.

She really reminds me of my mom. I mean she's her sister but even the way she acts is almost the same. Always happy and lovingly.
I miss my mom and I'm sad my dad doesn't care about me.

I mean I can take care of myself even if I didn't move in with my aunt. I would've handled living on my own since I probably have to do it one day anyway but I'm glad she wants to take care of me.