nineteen

Tyler Anderson

I haven't eaten all day. It feels like my stomach is turning. I'm so nervous. It's prom night. I finally want to confess my feelings to Alice today. Like officially.

I hope she feels the same, the night she came over was different than the last times. Really different.
We both felt that. For sure.

"Anderson, eat. God dammit." Daniel slides some Cookies over to me. "You're pale. Eat some sugar." Everyone in this room could probably feel how nervous I am. I sigh, taking one of the cookies and shoving it into my mouth.

Noah isn't here. It's just Daniel and me. Noah left this morning for Dublin. He's finally visiting his dad. My parents will be there tonight too. Alice will meet my parents... Cole will be there...

It's been so long. Too long. "Everything will be fine. You have a nice suit, a pretty girl to go with and your family will be there." Daniels voice echoed through my head, he knew I was nervous and tried to calm me.

I sigh, "You're right. What could go wrong..."
I just have to get prom over, I already got my diploma. After that I'm done. No more school. "Do you have a date for tonight?" I ask Daniel, pouring myself some water.

I never really saw him with girls, he's alone most of the time but it never really bothered him. I wonder if he- "Yeah, I asked a girl in my math class. She's pretty nice." He confessed, biting his lip and nervously rubbing his neck.

"Cool, we're all having a date then." I smiled, my mind wandering back to later...

______________________

I took a deep breath, getting off my motorcycle. Yes, I just rode my bike in a suit. Weird, I know. "Oh Tyler!" I heard my mothers soft voice as she walked into my direction, I smiled, setting my helmet aside.

"Hey mom." She cupped my face in her hands, I missed her soft and warm embrace, which is why I leaned in, savoring her warmth. I haven't seen her in so long. Her brown eyes scanning me.

"Oh look at you, you look so handsome." She smiles, peppering my face with kisses. "Son, you look good." I heard my father say, patting my shoulder. "Hey dad, thanks." He smiles and gives me a quick wink.

"Look good, junior." I hear my brothers voice. I haven't seen him in so long, he looked different, more mature, his dark hair longer and messy, his brown eyes piercing me before a smile crossed his lips and he pulled me into a hug.

I'd lie if I say I didn't miss this. My family. My home. I'm so happy to see them again. "Where's your date or do you have none?" Cole asks, ruffling my hair as he keeps a arm around my shoulder.

I opened my mouth to say something when I hear a familiar voice. "Oh, there you are. I've been looking for you." I turn around, it's Alice.

Her hair is pinned up in a bun, small butterfly clips as decoration in the bun and two loose strands are curled at the front. She wears a silver necklace with a tiny butterfly pendant and a beautiful blue dress.

It is in a light blue tulle, nothing big though, the upper part is decorated with small darker blue rhinestones which become less and less towards the middle. She also has a small handbag and of course matching high heels. I have never found her as beautiful as I do right now.

"Hey, gorgeous." I smile, holding my hand out to her which she takes and steps closer to me. "Mum, dad, Cole, this is Alice, my date." My mother's eyes soften as she takes in Alice and my dad nods his head while Cole is just stunned, saying nothing.

"Hello, Alice, it's nice to meet you. I'm Tyler's mother." My mother takes Alice's hand and shakes it while Alice smiles. "It's really nice to meet you, Mrs. Anderson." She smiles at my mother.