fourteen

Alice Jones

I hated myself. I really did. How did I go back to ignoring him the past week? I mean I had to focus on studying for the upcoming exam today.

But still, god, I hated this disappointed look on his face when I walked past him without saying something. I kinda went back to my bitch attitude when I first came here.

Ignoring him, talking to everyone but him and I didn't even drive home with him anymore. My heart arched at the thought of it.

"So, did I understand that right? You want to make Tyler jealous and I should help you with it?" I nod. "Yeah, perfect start is the party tonight." I smiled at Chris.

"You know he's really suffering because you're not talking to him, right?" I sigh, I know. I. Am. So. Sorry. "I know. I'm an asshole but I have to do it. Don't ask." His Hazel eyes eye me and he sighs.

"Fine, just this one time. I'll help you." I've never seen Chris this serious. He's usually joking around but he seems to not like this at all. I would've asked Adam but that guy is an complete asshole.

Or... Wait... He has a brother, right?
The school bell rang through my ear and I couldn't really continue my thoughts about it because we'll write our exam right now.

"Good luck, Chris." I patted his shoulder and made my way to the classroom.

"Good morning, students. You have 180 minutes for this exam. As always when I see someone cheating there will be consequences and of course you'll automatically get a F. Good luck." The teacher starts handing out our papers. Let's go, Alice. You got this.

After we finally finished our three hours exam I saw Madeline talking to Kyle. Suddenly all those pieces clicked together.

My first school day when she ruffling her hand through his hair. Kyle, talking to Adam. Kyle being distant. It all made sense that he's friends with Adam, Madeline and Alan.

"What's bothering you?" Cassie stood next to me, her eyes trying to read my face. "Kyle." I nod my head into the direction he's standing.
"He shouldn't be bothering you. Why do you even care?"

I don't know why I care. Maybe because I thought I was friends with him? Because I liked him? I couldn't really explain. "I don't know." She pats my shoulder.

"Let's focus on these last exams. These are our finals. We'll graduate soon." Definitely feels weird, knowing that we'll graduate soon. I joined pretty late but the time still went by fast.

"You're right." I sigh. "Hey ladies" Chris throws himself on us, his arms wrapping around our shoulders, he's so close I can smell his woody cologne.

"Party tonight at Tyler's. You coming?" He looked at Cassie and then his Hazel eyes pierced me. Perfect timing for us to start our plan.

I'm not attracted to Chris at all. I mean I get why all these girls think he's attractive because he really is goodlooking but he's just not my type.

Suddenly Daniel walks towards us. "Tyler invited Katelyn." He looked around, speaking softly and quiet for Tyler not to hear. "No way, he never invites her." Chris gasps playfully.

There's this feeling again. Oh I hate myself and Tyler. Seems like he has the same plan as me.

"Who's Katelyn?" I ask. "Katelyn Brown. She used to be dating Ethan Parker. Adams brother and Tyler had the biggest crush on her for years." Daniel explains pointing at the girl with the dark brown hair.

She's pretty. Really really pretty. "I've never really paid attention to her." My eyes scanned her as if I'm a robot. She has the perfect body, beautiful eyes and soft, gold glowing skin.