ten

Alice Jones

There was this strange feeling in the pit of my stomach as I entered the house. The party didn't take place at Adam's place as I expected.

Everyone already seemed pretty drunk as I entered the house. "Oh, hey, there you are." Adam smiles at me, his arm immediately wrapping around my waist.

His eyes eye me up and down, lust full and longing. "You look really gorgeous tonight." He smirks, running a hand through his sand blonde hair.

"Thank you." He nods. "Of course." He places his hand at the small of my back, leading me into the house, through the crowded people.

"Oh, hey Alice." I hear a familiar voice as I turn around. Stacy smiles at me, looking beautiful as ever. There was just something about her that made her glow like no one other.

"Hey, nice to see you again." A big smile plays on my lips as I hug her. "Are you guys dating?" She whispers before pulling back. I shake my head. "No, just friends."

I want to look back at Adam but he's gone, probably disappeared into the crowd. Let's see how many times I'll lose him tonight.

"Come, sit with me and my friends." She pulls me with her to a small table, four girls are sitting around it.

One has short black hair, her blue eyes shining because of her dark hair, her face soft and female features. "This is Elaina." The girl smiles at me.

"This is Sarah." Stacy smiles, pointing at the girl with the dark red dyed her, a lip piercing and a septum, her dark eyes even darker through the dark eyeshadow and a butterfly tattoo behind her ear. She just nods her head into my direction.

"This is Luna." The girl has her head down and looked up at Stacy when she called her name. Her soft green eyes, eyed me up and down as she stroked a strand of her dark blonde hair out of her eye. Her face round and cold. Not really caring to say anything to me.

"And last but not least, this is Nora." The girl smiled, her brown eyes sparkling. "Hey, I'm Nora. Nice to meet you." She has such a pretty smile and beautiful brown eyes, her chin long chestnut brown hair making her face stand out.

She has a birth mole on her right cheek, her nose a little pointy, her lips small but still full.

"I'm Alice. It's really nice to meet you all." We started talking a little bit. Turns out everyone except for Nora is older than us.

Luna is a med student, which I would've never thought but she kinda opened up while we talked about it.

Elaina hasn't really started anything after she finished school, she travelled to Australia for a year and is back in Boston now to start working and looking for a job.

Sarah is a tattoo artist which wasn't really that hard to guess since she looks like you would imagine tattoo artists.

"I'm going to college in New York after I graduated. I wanna study mathematics. Most people hate it but it really seems to be my thing." I nod in agreement. I'm one of the best students on our school when it comes to maths.

It's just something about this subject that's calming me, all these numbers, calculations and just like that. Probably hard to believe for some people but it's true.

I definitely want to go to college after my graduation but I don't know what to study yet. Journalism was one of the things that seemed pretty interesting to me besides mathematics.

I'll probably have to start writing to Colleges soon.

After we all talked for a while they decided to go dance a little bit. I just stayed at the table looking at the people as I noticed a familiar face.
Kyle. Him at a party?

He was talking to Adam, smiling as he fixed his glasses, pushing it up his nose with his index finger.

I decided to walk up to them.
I pushed myself through the crowd, trying to to lose them as I finally stood next to them.

"Hey, Kyle, you here?" Adam eyes lingered on me, almost burning in to me. "Oh, uh, yeah, my mother finally let me go to a party. Strange but she did." He shruggs.

There was something that seemed really off. He's been really distant, not really talking to me or the boys. He mostly sits alone at lunch break and even when we ask if he wants to sit with us, he declines.

But seeing him at Adam's party made no sense at all. "Is there a problem with that?" Adam's hand strokes my hand but I quickly back off.

"No, I'm just not used to seeing him at a party." I smile and decide to go. The way Adam has been eyeing me all night gave me chills.

The girls weren't back when I returned to the table. I decided to get myself something to drink. I entered the kitchen and started pouring myself some soda.

"Hey, you're Alice, right?" A guy with a deep voice, all dressed in black, slim figure and black hair asks. A chain dangling around his neck and his fingers full with silver rings.

"Uh, yeah. I am." Should I know him? Because I don't. "Oh, sorry. I'm Ethan. I'm Adam's older brother." He smiled. I nod, eyeing him one more time.

"Nice to meet you." I wanted to speak again but I quickly left the room. God, this party made me feel so uncomfortable.

I leaned against a wall in the corner of the room, the girls were no where to be seen. This party is not how I expected it to be. Around me, people who made out and Adam staring at me with that dirty look on his face.

It just made me so uncomfortable. I took out my phone and started scrolling through my contacts until I found the number I was looking for.

__________________________

I was still staring around, all lost in my thoughts. God, how did I even agree on this?

Suddenly two strong arms wrapped around my waist, I quickly turned around. "You didn't answer my texts. I'm here, gorgeous." I never was more happy to see Tyler as I was right now, he still had his helmet on, hiding his pretty face.

"I'm so glad you're here. This party is the worst. I'm so uncomfortable." He flipps up his visor for me to see his beautiful green eyes.

"I came as fast as I could. Let's get you out of here, should we?" His grip started loosening around my waist. "Kyle is here. He talked to Adam." His eyes immediately scanned the room and landed on Kyle.

"That's strange. He's usually not allowed to go out." I nod in agreement. He literally told me how strict his mother is, why the fuck would he be here? It all made no sense.

"Hey Anderson, almost didn't recognize you." Adam suddenly stood behind me, one hand resting on my hip. "Take your hands off, Parker or I'll chop them off." Adam snorts.

"Oh, will you? With what?" A sigh from Tyler as Adams grip tightened. "They have knifes in the kitchen, right?" Tyler's green eyes pierced him like they we're burning through him. If his gaze could kill, he'd by fix feet under the ground by now.

I could feel Adams grip loosening again. "What do you want here anyway? Come pick up Kyle?" Adam finally takes his hand away and Tyler pulls me behind him quickly.

"No, you can keep him. I'll take Alice with me. Let's go." He softly wraps his fingers around my wrist and pulls me outside with him.

"God, this bastard." He sighs but stops in his movement. "I forgot your helmet. Here, take mine." He pulls the helmet off his head and hands him to me.

His hair is all messy, face still as gorgeous as ever-
I really have to stop these weird thoughts, gosh.

"Thank you." I put the helmet on. "Wanna come over to my place for a bit?" He asks as I climb onto his motorcycle behind him. "Yeah, sure."
He nodded his head and started the engine.