Part 18

Police are pulling up to my house and I stand here looking through the window with no reaction whatsoever. Shinae was panicking but I calmed her down because I know I'm not going to jail. I'm not a nice person and I did alot of messed up things in my life so I deserve to go to jail but I won't. The police barged into my house. So rude. Handcuffs were put on both of our hands. They didn't put handcuffs on Reece he just stayed there in shock.

Shinae and I were taken to separate vehicles and she looked worried while I remained calm. We were taken to the police station to an office where Yanique and an officer is. Yanique has a cast on her hand.

We sat down in the opposite chairs.

"I am officer Chong. Miss Johnson has a complaint. She says miss Palmer broke her arm and her nose and you were the witness mr Diablo. However, she said she was the one who payed her hospital bills," he explained.

"And I want every single dollar back," she said looking at Shinae with a death stare then looking at me and rolling her eyes. Kmt.

"Can you remove these handcuffs please?" I asked.

"They hurt my hands," Shinae complained.

"And I would like to take out my wallet," I added.

The officer removed the handcuffs and I took out my wallet after remembering that it's in my pocket. After taking out my important stuff from the wallet, I handed it to Yanique. We didn't leave until she finished counting. It was 72k.

We exit the building and I called Damanii to come pick us up. He came and took us home.

We opened the door and saw Reece. The worried look on his face disappeared when he saw us.

"Finally," he ran to us and we did a group hug.

"Yuh gov?" I asked.

"Yeah bro," he said.

"Mi cook by the way," he said.

"Den if a you cook it can't nyam," Shinae laughed.

"Have faith inna mi," he laughed.

"Okay let's see," I said.

We went to the kitchen. He cooked oxtail and rice and peas. It smells good but I hope it tastes the same. Shinae and I shared our food then took ocean sprays from the fridge. We took our food to the balcony and sat down eating. It's actually good he prepared this very well. I finished eating and relaxed on a rocking chair. Shinae sat beside me in another rocking chair looking at the view from up here.

"Babe?"

"Yes?" I answered.

"I love you," she said.

"I love you too," I replied then kissed her forehead.

She smiled.

"Shinae! Uncle Oscar come to yuh!" We heard Reece shout from downstairs. Shinae's face expression changed.

Shinae's POV

"Shinae! Uncle Oscar come to yuh!" Reece shouted from downstairs. The smile came off my face immediately.

"Nuh worry b mah go tell him fi guh home," Dean said then got up walking away.

"No babe it's fine," I said then he stopped and looked at me with curiosity.

"Yuh sure b?" he asked.

"Yes," I said then got up.

We went downstairs. Reece was in the kitchen doing dishes and talking to uncle Oscar.