💀3💀

happy birthday

happy birthday

I stare at the fucking text on my phone and blink. No capitalisations or punctuation marks-typical Adrik. Didn't he have duties to do where he is, and who the fuck is he wishing happy birth-

The realisation kicked in, and I released a frustrated breath. It didn't feel like a happy-fucking-birthday, and I felt seven years older than my twenty-three.

The reason for it? The fucking man sitting high and mighty in his fucking chair, commanding everyone in their seats. I meet Nikolay's annoying face, which has an arched brow with a sharp peak. I grit my teeth and pocket the phone.

Nikolay got married last week to some random chick that he was best friends with as a kid. Thank fuck, that didnt change a fucking thing about him. I feel sorry for his wife because she has no fucking idea what her lovey-dovey, quiet high school sweetheart is in. Also, she can run away for all I care about when she finds out why her husband has late-night meetings and always has a suit without a nine-to-five job.

"There's another dead body-a woman." I give no reaction as Dmitri speaks-key words-another dead woman. What did that have to do with the Bratva? Well, no hands again and a slit throat. It's uncommon for a woman to end up dead like this and far less one behind the other.

"The police are watching us with this one. It's uncalled for." Petrov opens his mouth, disgusting me as always. What's uncalled for is the children he has scattered around the globe. It's the fifth death in seven months. It'll be the last one, too, and Fyodor knows it. I throw my drink back, already done with this fucking meeting.

Fyodor's eyes met mine, and I watched that man with relentless abhorrence, daring him to open his mouth and call me out.

I don't kill innocent women, but those five who thought touching my body as a child was acceptable. I'm seething with anger, but my face won't give a single emotion-all thanks to the man rubbing his knuckles and not saying a word.

He killed my parents-wiped them from beneath me, and I had to watch my world become nothing without him. I couldn't go anywhere because where would I go? I had no one, and he promised me a good life with his wife and children. What a fucking liar I realised he was when he brought me to the brothel and paid a woman to sexualise me, a fucking fourteen-year-old. Worst of all, he sent Adrik to the military to make things easier. For him, of course. He'd teach his son a lesson and traumatise the unwanted boy.

I couldn't even fight on most days because he drugged me. I'd wake up with fingernail scratches on my fucking thighs and back without a fucking clue what happened. The days I fought? He'd whip my back until I couldnt make a sound anymore.

Don't get me wrong, Yelena, Katya, and Adrik were the essence of my will to live, although Adrik keeps things tight because I watched him go crazy over a woman seven years ago. Fucking women-I hated them. Except for Yelena and Vera, of course.