💀38💀

"My baby

"My baby." The words are barely audible on her fucking lips as I take her to safety.

When I told Camilo to let them close in, I didn't fucking mean this. Enrique Sanchez finally messed with the wrong man, and I will show him just how unlucky he is for planting a bomb inside of this house and it going off close to where my l'vitsa stood.

I could have lost her and our child, and this was scarier than I thought I'd be.

There's just something wrong with rainy nights. Rainy nights are starting to become bad omens. First, Edoardo made a grand entrance—stupidly so—trying to eliminate Adrik's wife and that night, she nearly lost little Maya.

Tonight, Enrique is trying to eliminate my woman, who is seven months pregnant with my son. My jaw clenched. "Neva."

"She's safe, baby. Marta has her. Marta has everything under control." You'd think the woman is frail and knows nothing about this life, but she does. We've discussed this before. I knew Edoardo would come sooner or later, and I would never let him hurt my family.

"Stop it!" I hear Saffron yell like she was begging someone to stop hurting her. Oh, for fuck's sake! Camilo is toying around with a woman I'm sure has nothing to fucking do with this instead of finding the mole who ratted our location to Enrique.

I'd have sniffed this from afar if I knew Saffron came here to help the enemy. She wouldn't have been here if she knew the bomb would go off.

"It wasn't me." She screamed again.

I finally arrived at the room where Marta would be with her family. There's noise behind the door, and when I swing the door open, she's cradling a little boy kicking and screaming. I need to know more about the kid. Having your mother killed before your eyes doesn't make this a huge fight. You'd be running for safety and comfort and be in shock.

This boy has seen more and felt more.

Neva, on the other hand, sleeps soundly with Freda wrapped in a ball near her feet. I look at Ramiro, and he nods.

He steps forward to assist Clara, but she pushes back and stares at me. "You're not leaving me here while you fight the enemy."

"It's not safe."

"I know safe, and I'm not staying inside this room." My jaw clenched.

"You're carrying my child, Clara, and I'll be damned if I let you step out of this room." I hissed.

"I'm coming with you. I will not stay." She fights me, and I look at Marta.

"Clara." She sighs.

"No." She shouts and points an accusing finger. "I'm Shadow-C. I'm not staying inside this room while you walk into the rainy night with a damn pistol when you don't know who the mole is."