💀29💀

"I don't owe you shit

"I don't owe you shit."

Her words rang true in my fucking ears as I go about my fucking business in the penthouse. I swear to fuck. I should just kill her already, but who the fuck is Camilo? Who was that man she begged to run away from me?

I shot him, but it wasn't fucking fate. My bullet grazed his neck, but he ran, holding that scratch and disappearing into the trees. I hope he fucking bled out. He touched what was mine!

He touched Clara, and she allowed him to. And now she protected him. I didn't fucking think she'd ever try to kill herself. I lost it when she opened her flesh with that damn pebble. Was this what she wanted? To fucking die? Or was she scared I'd torture her to it?

My hands curled into fists when nothing popped up about this man-not a news article about a dead man, his picture, a name to pin him to, an address-nothing. A ghost-that's what he is. Camilo is a fucking ghost that Clara protects.

One week, and she hasn't said anything, more like, I haven't gone to that torture house and fuck the answers out of her. No. I can't fuck her because she won't want it, and the last fucking thing I would do is rape a woman. She gave her fucking body to another man. I should just kill her, but I need answers.

Why the fuck did she run? Yelena said it was more than revenge, but I needed to know. Did she love me? She wouldn't have betrayed me if she did. That brings us back to question one. I'm so fucking out of it. I push my chair backwards and shut the room door.

The sun is setting, and I'd better get to the beach before I leave with Adrik for the casino. Someone was stealing money from the accounts, and you'd think after the fiasco at Allure of the Seas that things wouldn't escalate. It did, and Adrik should be extra careful with that wedding he plans to happen next week.

Fuck. We aren't good men, but I can't do shit about this. I can't even see or talk to Giulia. I had a hostile woman locked up, and it's enough on my plate with the constant looking over my back for this Camilo fucker and the enemies trying to take Adrik down.

I wore a black suit and styled my hair before I put on my watch and shoes. I search the apartment, wondering if I should get Clara to live here since the torture room is too far. I don't know what the fuck I want. I bring her food and medication, and there's a damn mattress for her to sleep on, and Adrik thinks I'm torturing her, but I'm not.

I wouldn't have done it. Clara killed Fyodor, and I won't punish her for it, but what about the lies she told me? The way she made me feel wanted, and then she decided to run to another man. The way Clara screamed with barely any voice so I wouldn't kill him. The way she fucking stole my heart and pierced her thangs through it until it stopped beating. So, of course, I want to fucking hurt her because Clara hurt me. Oh, how wrong she was for assuming I'm a man who doesn't feel because I fucking do. I have felt since her.

I made my decision. I leave the penthouse and take the elevators to the lobby. Inna, the receptionist, pulls the decolletage of her top down and pushes her chest as if I'd let my eyes linger. She has tried numerous times, forcing me to stay at the estate so I won't wring her neck. Maybe Clara can do that? I doubt she fucking cares.