Chapter 43- A Bottle of Whiskey

" Eddy! Eddy!" I called as I rushed back to the party.

" Hey Katie, why do you look like you've seen a ghost?" Eddy asked as he placed his hands on my shoulders.

" It's nothing, I just suddenly feel unwell, can you take me home?" I asked.

" Yeah, sure,"

" Alright, I'll just return this phone to Anna. I didn't see Mr Vincenzo, and then I'll have to tell the bride I'm leaving," I said as I started scanning the room for Anna, I found her standing with some of the bridesmaids talking.

" I'll be back," I said to Eddy before walking to where Anna was.

" Hey girls, I'm sorry Anna but I didn't see your brother," I said as I passed the phone to her.

" Gosh, that guy is so annoying, thanks  Kate, I'll just have to silence the phone or something," She said as she opened the phone, put it on silent, and dropped it into her bag.

" I'll be leaving first Anna, I don't feel so good," I said as Anna and the girls turned to me with worry in their eyes, but I assured them I just needed rest.  I turned to the bride and she was surrounded by her well-wishers, I didn't want to disturb her.

" Can you tell Betty I had to go, she looks pretty occupied,"

" Sure, see you at home Katherine," Anna said as I bid her and the girls bye before returning to Eddy who was waiting for me.

" Are you ready?" He asked as soon as I reached him then he placed his hand on the small of my back as we both walked out.

When we got to where his car was parked he opened the car door for me and I got in while he turned to the driver's side and got in, driving out of the place.

I couldn't stop thinking about Luca's words, an easy fuck. It was all my fault, was I thinking that just because he fucked me I now meant something to him, what was I thinking? He was a fucking billionaire, there were so many women with class at his disposal, why didn't I ever think about that?

His touch, the way he looked at me, the way he made me feel, it was all a fiction of my imagination.

I always knew my place, what went wrong? It was my fault, I threw myself at him, and now he thinks of me as an easy fuck.

Now thinking about it, being called a slut by him didn't seem like they were empty words, he actually saw me as a slut.

" Are you crying, Katherine?" I was suddenly brought out of my thoughts by Eddy's voice. Fuck, I forgot he was here.

" It's nothing," I said as I turned my face to the window so he wouldn't see my tears.

" You can't tell me it's nothing and you're crying," He said as he stopped the car.

" I'm serious, it's nothing," Even as I said that my voice came out like I was about to become a sobbing mess.

" Please don't look at me," I said with my head bent, I felt ashamed of myself, I made a man make me forget my worth.

I made myself easy.

" Just take me to your house please, I just wanna be with a friend," The car was silent for a while before it roared to life and we were on the road again.

The ride was silent and filled with tension, I could tell Eddy had many questions he wanted to ask but he just kept quiet.

When we got to his house, he parked the car and once again went around to open my door and held me by the hand leading me inside.

He led me to the couch and I slowly sat down and he sat beside me.

" Are you going to tell…" I cut him off.

" Do you have alcohol?"

" I don't think that's…." I cut him again.

" Are you going to give it to me or should I find the nearest club and you don't have to worry about me being a burden to you,"

" You're not a burden, I'll get you a drink," He said as he stood up to go get what I asked.

He came back with a whiskey bottle and two glasses and then he poured the whiskey in a glass and handed it to me.

" Thank you," I said as I watched him pour for himself before he sat beside me watching me.

" Don't look at me like that, I'm not going to get drunk, my head is quite strong," I was still sober but if I risked another glass I knew I was going to give him a show, it had happened before, the night that led to my…I squashed down the thought.

I was an easy fuck, an easy fuck, really? I couldn't help but laugh and Eddy turned to me as if he was worried I had begun losing my mind.

" Okay, that's okay for the night," He said as he took the whiskey away and I went for it.

" Give it back," I tried to reach for it but he took it up and I kept stretching my hand to get it. It wasn't until I felt Eddy's hand go around my waist that I realized the position we were in.

In my quest to get the bottle, I didn't realize I had climbed on his body. I tried to pull away but he stopped me.

Would Eddy treat me like Luca, will he ever think I was an easy fuck? His eyes were beautiful, his lips, why did I suddenly want to kiss them?

Without thinking I covered my lips with his, for a moment I didn't move, our lips just touched before I started kissing them.

He didn't kiss me back, like he was in shock or maybe he thought I was being easy, I was about to pull back but he stopped me.

And when I looked into his eyes all I saw was tenderness, care, and the need to protect before he covered my lips in a passionate kiss.