Chapter 57-The Criminal

" Why did you do it, Debbie?" I asked her as I looked at her, she just stared at me without saying anything.

Uncle Charles decided he wanted to give us some bonding time. I still couldn't wrap my head around why he was doing all this.

" What should I have done, Kat? He's my dad or so I thought he was, whatever he asked me to do I did so without questioning him, he was all I had, never did I expect to have a sister somewhere in this world, I followed his every beck and call like an obedient little girl, I trusted him so much Kat, you won't understand, I'm surprise he'd do something like this to me,"

" But you're not surprised he'd have me tied up to a chair Debbie?" She kept quiet, avoiding my eyes.

We both stayed quiet, unable to speak with the situation we found ourselves in. I just realized that my sister is my friend who happened to betray me and is the reason why I'm tied to a chair, my fate undecided.

What a lovely way to reunite.

" So you're my sister," She suddenly whispered.

" I guess I am," I said.

" You know back when I was little, I used to wish I had a sibling especially on Halloween days because  I wanted a sibling to cause havoc with, but I never had one, and funny enough, I wanted a sister so I could do her hair and we could paint our nails, I wanted crazy things. Sneaking up at night to watch TV while Dad sleeps," She suddenly closed her eyes like she was trying to wash off a painful memory.

" You truly love him don't you?" I asked her.

" You have no idea, I've spent my whole life having him as my dad so this is quite painful,"

" I can't say…." I didn't get to finish what I wanted to say, the door burst open and Uncle Charles walked in.

" Bonding time is over girls, it's time to get moving, I have a new place for you girls, you don't think I want anyone finding your bodies do you?" My heart skipped, he planned on killing us.

I turned to Debbie whose eyes were filled with so much pain hearing the man she thought was her father say those terrible words to her.

" Come on baby girl, don't be sad, Daddy's going to make your death nice and simple, you won't feel a thing, instead of a gun an injection would be good, you'd just sleep and never wake up, how about that?" He asked as he burst into laughter sounding like an intoxicated man.

Debbie started crying, unable to control her emotions anymore.

" Bundle them up, we're going to the warehouse," He said, and before I could know what was happening a black cloth came over my head everywhere becoming dark.

It was a good thing they didn't inject anything into me because the thought of an injection was giving me chills because of what Uncle Charles said to Debbie.

They untied me from the chair and forced me to stand up as one of them grabbed my arms dragging me roughly, I wasn't seeing where I was going but he kept pushing me until he pushed me into what I guess was the van and made me sit down.

" Debbie, are you here?" I asked.

" Missing your sister already?" I heard Debbie make a sound but not meaningful words like her mouth was sealed.

The van roared to life and the vehicle started moving, taking us to our demise.

I just pray that somehow we come out of
this situation alive.

********

It's been two fucking days and yet there hasn't been any trace of Katherine, I've been unable to sleep, how could I when the woman I just realized I was madly in love with was missing.

Every beep of my phone had me rushing to it hoping that they had news of her whereabouts, it was stressing me out, I wanted her found.

I wanted to tell her how I felt, I've been a jerk for too long, I just hoped I wasn't too late and I could win her back, especially with that prick that called himself her boyfriend.

My phone rang and like always I rushed to it.

" Hello, Sir it's been confirmed she had been the one taking the money," My head of finance said, although it was not the news I wanted, it was still an issue that needed resolving.

" Thank you, I'll take it from here?" I said before I ended the call.

There was no escape for Eva anymore. She had been secretly stealing from me for a long time now, at first it was just my personal money which I didn't mind because she was acting my girlfriend and I felt like she could take my money, but she somehow started stealing from my company, I couldn't have a criminal living under my roof.

I stood from the living room couch as I made my way upstairs to where she was.

I entered the room and she didn't even notice as she kept typing on her phone.

I started clapping and that got her attention as she turned to me with confusion on her face.

" You know you deserve an Oscar, do they give Oscars to criminals? I don't think so,"

" What are you talking about Luca?" She asked, shaking her head as she turned back to what she was doing on her phone ignoring me like I was crazy.

" So how have you been spending the money you've been stealing from my company?" I saw her shoulders instantly become tense but she tried to cover it up as she turned to me.

" What are you talking about?"

" Nothing, maybe the police might know what I'm talking about," I brought out my phone and was about to call the police but she jumped from bed snatching the phone from me, I let her.

" Your action just confirmed I'm not wrong, you've been stealing from me,"

" I…I'm… it's because…" She tried to form words but nothing was coming out of her mouth.

" I'm giving you one hour before I go out and come back to this house, I want you gone," She should be lucky I was feeling merciful today. If I reported her to the police, she'd be serving a long term in jail.

Maybe even a lifetime but I just wanted her out of my life, not in jail, money wasn't my problem.

" Don't ever think of crossing paths with me or else I'll send you to prison, are we clear?"

" Crystal,"

Without sparing her a glance I walked out of the room. My focus was on only one woman, the woman who owned my heart and body.

Katherine.