Chapter 56- Storytime

Debbie?

She was part of this too? I would never have guessed. That's why sometimes, your enemies are the ones closest to you. The ones who are supposed to protect you.

" Why Debbie? Why?" I asked as I looked up at her with betrayal in my eyes, was this the reason she came to Italy?

" Don't ask me any questions because I don't have an answer," She said looking down as the real mastermind behind all this walked in front of me.

Uncle Charles,

My father's brother.

When I opened my eyes the first time, my heart skipped and I almost thought it was my dad because of how alike they looked. What I was trying to understand was why he had kidnapped me and had me tied to this chair?

When I ran away from home as my mom instructed, none of them looked for me so I just continued my life without them, it was for the best, being near any of them brought me memories of my parents, the time we used to spend during Thanksgiving and family vacations, I knew I would never be complete again.

The only person I kept contact with was Debbie.

Never did I imagine that I'd meet him again tied to a chair.

" Why are you doing this Uncle Charles, I'm your niece," I said as I looked at him with spite.

" You're about to find out honey, it's storytime," He said as he suddenly raises a gun to Debbie.

" What are you doing? I'm your daughter," She said in fear as she looked between him and me.

" Oh dear, you're about to find out things, like I said it's story time,"

The door opened and two bulky men entered, one was carrying a hair. They moved to Debbie and she tried to struggle out of their grip.

" Let me go! Take your stupid hands off me," But they didn't listen, they forced her onto a chair and she groaned trying to break free as they tied her.

" Will you quiet down or you prefer a bullet to your knee," That made her stop.

" Dad, why are you doing this?"

" Oh please stop calling me Dad, I've had to endure you calling me Dad for twenty-five years, give me a break." He said like he was disgusted in hearing her call him Dad.

Debbie and I were facing each other, I couldn't believe she had been spying on me, and now see where we both ended.

" Okay, where was I? Storytime," He said in a cheery voice, enjoying the whole situation. He went to sit on the chair that was placed for him with the bulky men standing by his side.

We just watched him.

" So as you know I'm your father's younger brother, well Katherine's does, Debbie doesn't," I looked at him in confusion but didn't say anything as he continued.

" My brother was seen as the perfect son, having everything, while I had to have the leftovers," Nobody asked him not to work hard, I remember when he used to spend all his money on women and then he'd come with a silly excuse for my dad to give him money and each time he gave him until my dad got tired.

That was when he stopped visiting us or else he did a weekly visit back then.

" He had a family, a beautiful wife, money, and power, something that should have been mine," The last time I checked whatever my parents made for themselves wasn't hand down, they worked for it.

" The money, the school, the power, there was so much money, and you know who all that money belonged to? You, their precious little daughter." He said with spite.

" I thought to myself, what better way than to have everything to myself, the best choice was to eliminate you all, wipe your stupid faces out of this earth and that was how there was a little fire accident,"

" What?! How could you? How could you do that to your own brother? Your family," I said as I struggled on the chair but the restraints wouldn't let me.

He only chuckled laughing at my helplessness together with his men.

" I'm not done honey, there's more to the story," I looked at him with fire in my eyes wishing he would have the same fate he made my parents go through.

" You know right from the time you've been a little thorn in the flesh, you weren't supposed to be born but somehow you escaped all the things I fed your mom so you could die, you have a strong head and then you escaped that fucking fire, you should have been dead, we wouldn't be here if you had just died like you were supposed to, but no, you survived again," He said his voice laced with so much hatred.

Now I understand why he and my dad never get along.

" I've managed everything fine without you, but I'll never be able to rest knowing you're alive and will one day come and take everything, you're not going to escape this today,"

I had tears running down my eyes as my heart clenched knowing that all this pain and suffering I endured was because of my uncle, he killed his own brother and his wife just for material things.

" So how do I come into this story? Why do you fucking have me tied?" Debbie asked as she looked up at him.

" I didn't want my brother to have kids too, I couldn't bear to see him happy with a complete family and all,"

" So how does that concern me?" She asked.

" Come on, think Debbie, I didn't send you to Harvard to come back stupid," She was offended by his comment but he only chuckled standing up from where he was sitting and walked to her.

" On a very faithful night, a Mom and Dad welcomed a child, and they were happy, but the next morning they found the child dead, the thing is, that child wasn't dead, I just switched a dead kid and took her away, and that kid has been calling me Dad for the past twenty-five years," I gasped.

This meant that Debbie was my sister.