Chapter 52- Past Demons

We were having breakfast when I heard a scream come from upstairs, out of instinct  I jumped from the chair as I made my way upstairs.

" What's going on here?" I asked Anna who had her arms wrapped around Katherine who was shaking on the floor and sobbing.

" That's my mom's gown, that's the gown I saw her with in the fire, how is it in my room? That's my mom's gown, that's the gown she wore that night, who's doing this to me?" I heard Katherine keep muttering as she kept rocking herself back and forth.

The sight of her like this made my heart clench.

" That's my mom's gown, that my mom's gown, the fire, her gown,"

" Is she going crazy or something?" Eva asked but the glare Anna passed to her made her shut up.

" What happened Anna?" I asked as I moved to where they were on the floor but Katherine moved away from me wrapping her arms around Anna as she kept repeating "my mom's gown."

" I got that package this morning for her I didn't know what was inside, please call the doctor,"

I walked to the box that was on the floor then I picked up the note which simply read "Hello Princess."

The gown she was talking about was white but it looked like some part was burnt and there was blood on it, it looked horrific.

Just what did she go through that this gown could trigger such a reaction from her?

The doctor arrived and we tried to take Katherine from the floor but she wouldn't let anyone but Anna touch her.

Slowly she rose from the floor holding Anna like she would die if Anna left her.

They got to the bed but Katherine wouldn't stop muttering the same words she had been repeating.

" Fire! There's fire, Mom! Dad!" She suddenly shouted as she jumped out of bed but we held her.

" Doctor, what is happening? Do something," I shouted as she kept shouting for her mom and dad trying to break free from my hold.

" She seems to be recalling something from the past and I fear that I can't do anything, the only way to calm her is to sedate her but in her case, it is very dangerous, she might get locked in her mind which might result in her being under a coma, you wouldn't want that,"

" So there's nothing at all you can do?"

" I'm afraid not,"

" Fuck," Katherine kept struggling to break free from me screaming that her mom and dad were in the fire and she needed to save them.

I wrapped my arms around her trying to calm her down as I ran my hand through her hair, at this moment I was just concerned about her, I didn't care who was fucking watching me.

She relaxed into my arms still shaking as she broke into loud heart-wrenching sobs.

" I couldn't save them, I could have saved them," I kept running my hand through her hair whispering words of encouragement to her until she fell asleep.

I dropped her slowly on the bed as I took my phone to make an important call I needed to find the sender of that package nobody threatened my woman…my what?

What the hell was that?

I sighed as I called my private investigator.

" I've got a job for you," I said as soon as she picked up the call.

" Yes sir, what can I do for you?"

" A package was delivered to my house this morning, it was a threat to my maid, I want you to trace who the sender is, I want it done as soon as possible,"

" Consider it done sir," I ended the call and just as I turned I came face to face with the last person I wanted to see in this world.

" What the fuck are you doing here?" I asked with anger already written on my face.

" I didn't come here to cause trouble or to see you, I came here for my girl…" I didn't let him complete the word, I landed a punch on his face.

" What the fuck dude?" He groaned as he cleaned the blood on his lips.

" This is my house and I don't want you here,"

" I don't want to be here either if only I could take my girl…" I landed him another punch.

" What are you two doing?!" Anna suddenly appeared as she rushed to where we were standing.

" Did you call him here?" I asked her.

" He's her boyfriend, he has the right to know,"

" Fucking shit," I cursed before walking away.

" You like her," That didn't sound like a question, it sounded more like she was stating a fact.

" Anna I don't know what you mean,"

" Stop it brother, I've known for a long time now, you don't think I see the way you look at her or how your mood lifts when you're in the same space, but these days you've been acting like a man hiding in his shadows, I wasn't sure at first, I didn't want to butt my head into your personal life but the wedding night when she wasn't home I knew you didn't sleep, I saw you, you were in the sitting room looking anxious and waiting for the door to open,"

" You're not making sense Anna, you know I don't do love,"

" What are you doing with Eva?"

"I told Eva right from the start that she shouldn't expect love from me and she accepted,"

" What am I going to do with you, brother? You've complicated your life that I'm so confused for you,"

" If you'd confessed your feelings to Katherine earlier we wouldn't be here,"

" There's no feeling to admit, stop speaking rubbish,"

" Can you just shut up and listen to yourself? I'm saying this brother, you better fix everything before it becomes too late," She said before she left me where I was sulking.

There's no feeling, no feelings at all.

They were all wrong.