Chapter 1: Use your noodle

Annalise was walking down the hallway. The hallway of ring-field high was a drab and small one, as was the entire High school. The walls where grey and stains riddled the dark ceilings and muted yellow tile floors. Annalise was small, girly, and loved as many things as she hated, she loved her blonde hair and hated her nose, she loved books but hated gossiping, rude people, but that was high school. High school is full of gossiping, rude people. This is why Annalise, was alone. No one to talk about the latest update to the library or the beautiful flowers. She was totally, and completely alone.

Today was like any other day. Annalise walked into school alone, wearing her little pink pinafore with her wavy blonde hair split evenly to rest on her two shoulders, just the way she liked it. She walked into her first period of the day, Maths. Most students complained that fourth year maths was difficult and the teacher was verbally aggressive and loud. Annalise, however, found this to be her happy place. I suppose that's another reason why people she didn't click with people. She didn't complain like they did, didn't show off like they did. She just, existed.

Annalise sat down in her seat at the front, left corner of the class. She pulled out her notebook and sat it on her desk. The front of the book read: 'Annalise Winter Maths 4D1 Mr. Bolivard'.
"Open your notebooks! I'd like to start quickly" Mr. Bolivard announced as he clicked his fingers at the boys on the opposite side of the front row.
"We haven't got all day, if 45 minutes of maths kills you then you have a horrible immune system"
Annalise chuckled at this remark from mr. Bolivard which made some girls in the back row, roll their eyes. These where taller, nastier, meaner girls with shorter skirts and straighter hair. Your stereotypical mean girls or bitches of any high school. Everyone opened their books and began the lesson.

Once the lesson finishes, Annalise walks out of the classroom and towards her locker with the intention of grabbing her art project that is due in 2 days. As she opens her locker, one of the girls from her maths class and her best friend appear at Annalise's right.
"Hey!" Yells the first girl.
"Your giggling at the maths teacher is annoying? Do you like the stupid old man?" Says the other girl and both of the girls laugh.
"What?! No! I just like maths..." Annalise says quickly in protest.
"Shut up. No one likes maths" Says the first girl and the other girl rolls her eyes at Annalise.
"Y'know...maybe she's just hungry? Or dehydrated so she's delirious?" The other girl adds with a smirk and a nod towards the first girls bag.
"Oh yea..." says the first girl softly with a mischievous grin. Annalise quickly grabs the art folder out her locker and shuts her locker quickly, she scrambles to grab her bag and run away from the two girls.
"Awww where are you going shortie!" The first girl laughs and grabs Annalise by the back of the pinafore collar and pours a thermos of chicken noodle soup down her pinafore and the other girl bursts out laughing.
Annalise gasps and her mouth hangs open from shock and discomfort. She drops her art folder and runs away with her hands over her mouth and tears in her eyes, she's utterly humiliated as everyone apart from a select few students laughs at her as she dramatically runs off.

Annalise runs into the girls bathroom and cries softly to herself. Then she hears a toilet flush and drys her eyes as fast as possible. A 5'8 girl with black hair which was cut into a messy short shag cut and black jeans with a white t-shirt, walks out of the stall and looks at Annalise, shocked and confused.
"Hey..You ok?" The girl asks and takes a step closer to Annalise and Annalise can see the girl looking at her in the reflection of the mirror.
"Yeah, yeah...I'm fine!" Annalise says quickly and puts on a fake smile, but the girl can see the wet patch on Annalise's back from the chicken noodle soup. The girl stares at the wet patch and squints her eyes. You can basically see the wheels turning in her head. Then she suddenly grumbles and shakes her head.
"Lemme guess, Jesse?" She says quickly and in a slightly annoyed tone as she loops her thumbs through the front belt loops of her jeans.
"Mhm.." Annalise mumbles as she nods.
"That bitch.." the girl says softly and she unzips her bag and pulls out a black baggy hoodie and a pair of leggings.
"Here...it might be a bit big but I had PE first period so you can take these, you clearly need them" she says and holds the clothes out to Annalise.
"No it's ok I-" Annalise tried to protest but the girl holds the clothes right at Annalise's left side. The girl nods towards the clothes in the reflection of the mirror.
"Ok. Thanks" Annalise says in a bit of a surprised tone and takes the clothes.
"You're welcome" The girl says as she's zipping her bag and then she rinses her hands and leaves the bathroom. Annalise jogs into one of the stalls and changes into the hoodie and leggings. She has to pull the leggings up a bit more and the hoodie goes down her legs a bit but it fits better than she expected. Annalise puts her pinafore in the empty front pocket of her school bag and walks out the bathroom feeling a lot more confident. She walks down the hall and to her locker. Annalise opens her locker and puts her pinafore into the locker. She's very grateful for that random girl in the bathroom and smiles to herself. Then she walks to her next class, Art class.