Chapter 8: Separate POV's

BERNADETTE'S POV

"Ok ok, food, probably need weapons or something because of the damn zombies" I think to myself and continue down the aisle. This aisle is full of gardening and building supplies, so hammers, Rakes, wrenches, hoses etc.
"Damn what do I grab..."
A Basket at the end of the aisle catches my attention. The basket is full of double sided hammer-looking things.
"What are these called again?" I pick one up and practice swing is in front of me.
"A mallet! That's what it is" i feel a small smile creep onto my face and I slides the handle of the mallet into the metal ring on the pockets of my black jeans.
"Right, gotta go find Annalise and that artistic kid"
I run down one of the aisles and then I hear a scream.
"Annalise!" Sprinting down the next aisle, I find Annalise being tackled to the floor by a zombie and Benjamin just running in circles, clearly panicked.
"Oh shit"

...

ANNALISE'S POV

I watch Bernadette run down an aisle towards the back of the store.
"Hey Benjamin wait for me!" I jog to catch up to him walking down another aisle. In the aisle is a bunch breads and other pastries that don't go in a fridge.
"You think with your stomach huh?" I roll my eyes slightly.
"Hmm.." I drag my fingers across the aisle.
"Maybe we should stock up" I pick up a loaf of bread and 2 tubs of 4 strawberry tarts.
"This should do" I think to myself before getting lost in my thoughts.
"I wonder what Bernadette is grabbing, she's probably looking for weapons, always thinking with her fists that one, but then again maybe that's needed for our current situation"
My thought trail is suddenly interrupted by a low growling noise.
"Benjamin why are you making a weird noise?"
I turn to the side and see him paralyzed with fear. Then I see the zombie.
"Oh no" I take a step back but the zombie lunges right at me.
"AAAGHHHH!"
I put both hands on the zombies shoulders so it doesn't bite me.
"Damn it Damn it!" I struggle against it. Benjamin is just standing there, I think this is it before I hear footsteps and see Bernadette out the corner of my eye with a look of pure rage in her eyes and a strong grip on the top of a mallet that's sitting in the metal loop on her jeans.

...

BENJAMIN'S POV

I decide to waste no time in stalking up on food. I storm straight down the first food aisle I see, hearing Annalise's little footsteps behind me but I don't turn around. I ignore her insults about me thinking with my stomach.
"Whatever..." I start examining some pastries and smirk when I see Annalise start to pick out a few things.
"Good I-" I freeze. A growling sound makes me panic and look to the side without turning my head. A zombie, a woman with messy brown hair and yellow eyes. I shut my eyes when she lunges forward but feel nothing. Until I hear Annalise scream. My head springs to the other side. "
"Uh-" I choke on any words. My hands grip the shelves. I'm totally paralyzed with fear. I don't wanna die, but I want to help Annalise. I can't have her die at my hands. Not another one. I can't have another person die at my hands because of my own fear. I turn once again when I hear more footsteps, dreading the arrival of another Zombie. Instead it's Bernadette at the end of the aisle. I feel relieved. Bernadette looks so angry that it's almost more terrifying than the zombie.