Chapter 23: Make-over part 2

Annalise Walks out of her Changing room first and looks in the mirror. She is wearing a pink pair of wide-leg jeans with little matching boots and a white long sleeved t-shirt. Jesse walks out of her changing room shortly after wearing a pair of black bell bottom jeans and a matching tube top. Jesse stops and looks at Annalise.
"Well, definitely a step up from the pinafore" She chuckles. Annalise turns around.
"Jesse you look great!" She says. Jesse smirks.
"Thanks..so do you" She says slowly, Jesse smiles and grabs a pair of sunglasses and a watch.
"Fair enough" Annalise chuckles. Jesse smirks.
"C'mon, live a little and take some more stuff" Jesse brings a rose gold moon necklace with a small white gem in the centre. Annalise stares at it.
"Woah..." Annalise slowly takes the necklace out of Jesse's hand and puts it on.
"Nice" Jesse nods in approval and they both walk out the boutique together, Meeting up with Bernadette and the boys. Bernadette is wearing her normal black jeans, An orange top with skinny straps and a denim jacket, Archie is wearing a white tank top and a pair of blue jeans and Benjamin is wearing a red hoodie and similar jeans to Archie.

Everyone stops and looks at each other.
"Ok ok cool outfits guys!" Benjamin claps his hands and they all start walking to the car...except for Annalise and Bernadette who are kinda just staring at one another looking totally dumbfounded. Benjamin is the first one to notice them and bursts out laughing and then Jesse rolls her eyes and yells.
"You girls coming?!". Annalise and Bernadette both snap out of their trance and turn away from each other.
"Uh- yea, just uh..Mhm yep walking...towards, car" Bernadette fumbles over her words and walks to the car and gets into the drivers seat. Annalise is silently staring at the ground and then she runs over and climbs into the back of the car. Benjamin and Archie smirk at each other.
"No no no little lady you're going in the front" Archie drags Annalise to the passenger seat of the car and opens the door for her. She reluctantly climbs in and Archie shuts the door before climbing into the back of the car with Benjamin, Jesse and Warner.
"Don't think I didn't notice what you guys just did there" Jesse says.
"Jesse please don't be mad! You gotta admit it's a good idea" Benjamin says. Jesse sighs and then nods.
"Y'know what? I'm trying to be more supportive so yea, it's a fine idea" She says.
"What is?" Warner asks.
"NOTHING!" All three of them panic.

Bernadette starts the car and starts driving again.
"I think it should be smooth sailing from here? We've got enough food and water for a few days, We've got fresh clean clothes and...Not a lot of gas. Shit" Bernadette sighs.
"I think we've got enough to make it to the next gas station" She says. Annalise chuckles and nods.
"So how you holding up bunny?" Bernadette asks Annalise, Annalise smiles.
"I guess I'm ok, I mean I still miss my mum of course but there's not much I can do" She says. Bernadette puts her hand on Annalise's knee.
"I know..I'm sorry about your mum" She says. "Thanks" Annalise says and leans back in the passengers seat. Bernadette moves her hand away and Puts it back on the steering wheel.
"So..What are we going to do once we make it to Maryland?" Annalise asks.
"Well I'm imagining that what is happening here is all over the news in America, if not the entire world. Plus Jesse and I have some Aunties in Maryland who would be more than happy to take us all in and help us out" Bernadette explains.
"Aunties?" Annalise says.
"Yea uh..They taught me about the whole lgbtq+ thing and are kind of the whole reason I had the guts to come out" Bernadette says. Annalise smiles gently and looks down.
"I'm glad you had that support system from them" she says.
"Yeah uh..me too" Bernadette smiles and wipes one of her sweaty hands on her jeans and then she puts both hands back on the wheel. Eventually she pulls into a gas station.
"Just in time" Bernadette says and climbs out the car. Archie jumps off the back of the car.
"Here I'll fill up the tank Bernadette" he says. Bernadette nods and let's him do so, he definitely seems a lot better at it than she was last time. So Bernadette just stands there and watches.