Chapter 18: Start of the campsite

As they are walking, Annalise realizes something.
"Hey where is Benjamin and Archie?" Annalise says.
"I don't know, you both go to the car and sit with Bernie, I'll find them" Jesse rolls her eyes.
Once Annalise and her dad walk out the supermarket, Jesse starts looking for the boys.
"Hey Archie? Benjamin?...guys?" Jesse scoffs and keeps walking. Jesse walks down two aisles before she reaches one end of the aisle with all the fridges and water bottles. Jesse squints her eyes to look down the aisle and freezes.
"Guys! Get a room I don't need to see you making out! We're suppose to be collecting food! Ugh.." Jesse fake gags. Archie and Benjamin quickly break away from each other and Benjamin covers his face with his hands and slowly slides down the fridge door and onto the floor. Archie looks up at the ceiling and laughs.
"Damn it!" Archie says and tries to help Benjamin up.
"Nooooo, just leave me here for the zombies to kill me if I don't die of embarrassment already" Benjamin complains.
"Benjamin get up!" Archie is still trying to pull Benjamin to his feet but Benjamin is refusing.
"No, she's probably telling everyone in the car and you know Bernadette is gunna laugh because we got caught" Benjamin protests.
"C'mon! We weren't ever doing anything that bad it's just kissing!" Archie rolls his eyes and picks Benjamin up and puts him over his shoulder.
"Hey! Put me down ya big giant" Benjamin tries to put his feet back in the ground. Archie laughs.
"Sorry but we have some food and water to deliver, a state to run to, zombies to escape and a bootleg Wonder Woman Jack-o-lantern to take care of" Archie says and walks back to the car. He puts Benjamin down at the side of the car and Benjamin sticks his tongue out at Archie and climbs into the back of the car. Jesse laughs a bit when she sees him.
"Don't even girl" Benjamin says to her.
"Hey I'm not saying anything!" Jesse says through her wheeze-laugh. Archie climbs into the drivers seat and looks at Annalise who is now in the passengers seat.
"Oh hey" he says.
"Hi, Bernadette wanted to sit in the back and soak up the sun, makes her feel better" Annalise explains. Archie nods and starts the car, with Archie and Annalise in the front and Jesse, Benjamin, Bernadette and Annalise's dad all the crammed into the back of the car, They start driving down the road past the super market.

Bernadette blinks a few times and then turns to look at Benjamin.
"Dude are my eyes still orange?" She asks.
"Like the sun" he chuckles. Bernadette groans and then stops.
"But the sun is actually white" she says.
"What no it's not" he says.
"Yes it is son" The dad says. Benjamin looks confused and then Looks at jesse.
"Wait bitch for real?" He says. Jesse nods. Benjamin raises his eyebrows.
"Goddamn" He says and rubs his head. Bernadette starts laughing at him. "Bruh You are so dumb man" She laughs.
"Shut up you are slowly becoming a bootleg Wonder Woman" he says.
"Bro be careful, me and my Orange crayon eyes will laser beam you" She says. Annalise's dad whips his head around.
"Did your super power develop?! Laser eyes?" He asks.
"Nah I was just kidding" she explains and smirks.

Archie keeps driving and they eventually pull into this little non-infected campsite.
"Oo cute" Benjamin says and climbs off the car, everyone follows and climbs out the car as well.
Annalise stares at the sky until she hears a voice behind her. It's Bernadette.
"Whatcha staring at bunny?" She asks with a smirk. Annalise looks at Bernadette.
"Just the stars, also my god, your eyes are so bright now" she laughs.
"I think my eyes are burning" Annalise rubs her eyes with a chuckle.
"Haha very funny, I get it, you're hilarious" Bernadette rolls her eyes and folds her arms.
Archie is collecting sticks and snapping wood over his knee to build a fire, Benjamin is leaning against the car door, just watching.
"Benjamin!" Bernadette calls over to him and then both her and Annalise walk to him.
"What are you even watching?" Annalise asks with the purest smile. Benjamin smirks and looks in Archie's direction.
"You are officially the biggest simp in the world" Bernadette scoffs.
"Says you!" Benjamin nudges her and smirks.
"What are you talking about?" Annalise asks.
"Nothing!" Bernadette says quickly and then she drags Benjamin into the woods as well.
"We'll help gather sticks too" she says.
"You are freakishly strong now" Benjamin says while struggling against her. Annalise chuckles and runs over to Jesse who is Picking berries of of certain bushes around the trees.
"Here I'll help" She says. Jesse looks at her.
"I don't need it but ok I guess". Annalise smiles at her response and starts picking berries.
"And..I wanted to say thank you for calling my dad out earlier. I feel like his big image of himself being the savior had to be knocked down a peg or two" Annalise says. Jesse blinks.
"Oh uh, you're welcome? I did it more for me than for you but whatever" Jesse responds and eats one of the berries. Annalise continues picking berries in silence and everybody seems to be doing their own jobs, it's dead silent, it's peaceful for now.