Chapter 5: Project B-negative

Annalise clutches to Bernadette as they both run out the school like scared rabbits. Other people make it outside but most of them start dropping, falling, clutching their throats, eyes watering, in the matter of 30 seconds the entire school was brought down to 4 people.
Annalise, Bernadette, Jesse and Benjamin. Jesse scampers over to Bernadette.
"Bernie what's happening?! All my friends won't get up, they won't get up!" Jesse cries and holds her hair with her hands.
"How the hell am I suppose to know?!" Bernadette scoffs. Annalise squeezes Bernadette's hand. Jesse looks down at their hands and Bernadette quickly pulls away and clears her throat.
"We should run, far" Bernadette says.
"Go home guys, I'm gunna go home too, we gotta check on our families, I have a feeling that this wasn't some school bombing like any other, because we'd all be death as well" Annalise says quickly.
"Y'know nerd for once you said something reasonable" Jesse says softly.
"Jesse! Time of crisis, don't be a bitch" Bernadette buts in.
"Let's just go!" Jesse retorts, Bernadette shakes her head.
"Meet us at Bellason-side park in 30 minutes?" Bernadette asks Annalise. Annalise nods.
"Ok..yeah...stay safe b-.." Bernadette stops and Annalise tilts her head.
"Stay safe Annalise" Bernadette seems to have corrected herself then she quickly jogs away to catch up with Jesse.

Annalise bolts home as fast as lighting and swings open the door.
"Dad?! Mum?!" Annalise shouts. Her dad is rummaging around the kitchen and muttering to himself with tears down his face.
"Dad why are you c-" Annalise says softly.

Scream.

"MUM NO!" Annalise drops to the floor over her mum.
"Mum please..."
Her dad now buts in.
"Annalise I should have told you sooner" The dad sighs.
"Told me what?" Annalise says through tears.
"About the details of my old job..I told you that I used to work for the government right?" Her dad says.
Annalise nods.
"Well..." her dad begins. "I didn't give you the details...I used to work on something called 'Project B-negative'"
"DAD! MUM IS DEAD! WHAT DOES YOUR OLD LINE OF WORK HAVE TO DO WITH WHY EVERYONE IS DROPPING LIKE FLIES!?" Annalise buts in and yells.
"EVERYTHING!" Her dad snaps. "It has to do...with everything. I...I worked on this project to make a gas...a gas that targeted certain...blood, and strengthened others, I never thought they'd actually use this research". He sighs.
"What? Certain blood? Never though they'd- dad you're making no sense!" Annalise groans.
"In order to choose a certain amount of people to strengthen and to turn this state into a pure army training state, the governments scientists, which used to be me as well. We made this gas..that would attack and kill every single person with any blood type, except B-negative. My blood is b-negative, therefore your blood is b-negative, it's how your still alive, anyone without b-negative blood would not have, and will not survive" Her dad explains.
"So...you helped make a murder army gas?" Annalise is shocked. Her dad nods.
"Yes but we needed the money, and I never thought they'd actually use it and bomb a school..I'm so sorry-" her dad gets cut off.
"No! No no no! Do not, say you're sorry, this is all your fault. Now mum is dead" Annalise cuts him off with her eyes welling with tears once more, she runs out the house and down the street towards the park. She's going to see Bernadette and Jesse, and she is going to tell them everything....