Chapter 15: Stabilizer

"Hold the friggin phone, you're telling me that the virus messed up and, what saved Archie so that one of us could develop super powers like intended?" Bernadette asks.
"Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying" he says.
"Well how do we know who?" Archie asks.
"Who cares?" Jesse rolls her eyes.
"You should care, Whoever has super powers has to take this" He pulls out a blue vail from his pocket.
"It's a stabilizer, it'll stabilize and limit the powers before it gets to much and turns the host rabid. Now, have any of you suddenly became a tremendous fighter, increased aggression? Heightened emotions? Trouble sleeping? Feeling jittery?" He asks, looking around the group of teens. Bernadette blinks a few times, Annalise and Jesse are both staring at her.

"Well shit" Bernadette sighs.
"I think that might be me" she says.
"Ok..what's that?" He says and points at the bandage on her hand.
"I cut my hand?" She holds up her hand, the zipper sleeve falls down and dark red veins are creeping out the edge of the bandage.
"Woah-" Benjamin gasps.
"Take that bandage off" the dad says calmly.
Annalise helps Bernadette slowly pull off the bandage and under it, a black swirling mass underneath Bernadette's skin on her wrist.
"Well that's lovely" Bernadette says sarcastically.
"Oh my god are you ok?!" Annalise says and grabs Bernadette's wrist. Bernadette Winces and pulls her wrist back, even Jesse looks slightly worried.
"Ok yea, it's definitely you" Annalise's dad nods his head and hands her the stabilizer.
"I'm warning you, it's gunna hurt a bit, like someone is pressing on that mass, but the mass is the power source, this stabilizer while neutralize it and the power source will be distributed all around your body, therefore fixing your power so you can actually figure out what it is rather than it overwhelming and murdering you" he says.
"Dad I swear to god if this kills her I'm going to throw you into a zombie hotspot" Annalise says through her teeth.
"Don't worry 'bout it bunny, Bottoms up" Bernadette shrugs and puts the vial in her mouth, popping the outer-casing open and swallowing the liquid and then spitting out the casing.
"Ow..agh damn-" Bernadette breathes heavily and leans back against the car as she watches the black mass slowly disappear and the red veins spread through her whole body.
"AH- OH OWWW YOU WHERE NOT KIDDING, THIS IS A BITCH OH MY GOD!" Bernadette yells and Annalise covers her ears.
Bernadette drops to the floor heavy breathing as the veins also disappear along with the mass.
"Hey..it doesn't hurt anymore.." Bernadette chuckles and stands up but stumbles.
"Woah hey why do I feel drunk?" She says.
"The super power is becoming a part of you, it'll take time and energy for it to run into your muscles and just your entire being. Archie and Jesse help Bernadette into the passengers seat of the car and shut the door.

"So where are you kids going?" The dad asks.
"I'm only telling you this because you saved her life, Maryland. We are planning on getting out of here" Annalise says quickly.
"Ok ok, I'll come with you guys" He says.
"Uh- who says your following?" Jesse asks.
"Y'know what she's right for once" Benjamin agrees.
"Kids, you need me, you'll need my insider information when her super power comes to the surface, look I'm just trying to make it up to you all, especially up to you, Annalise" He looks down at Annalise.
"You can tag along, but you are sitting in the back, you will not be driving, do not talk to me unless it's necessary for Bernadette, understand?" Annalise says, her dad nods and climbs onto the back of the car along with Benjamin, Annalise and Jesse. Archie climbs into the drivers seat.
"Damn, let's hope we don't pick up anyone else, it's getting pretty snug in this car" Benjamin chuckles.