Chapter 7: Hey Benjamin

Annalise and Bernadette drive off down the road. Passing an uncountable amount of dead bodies along the way, luckily no more zombie encounters yet.
"We gotta find my sister. As much as she's a pain in the ass we still have to make sure she's alive" Bernadette breaks the silence.
"Yea, ok let's find Jesse" Annalise responds as she pull the sleeves of the hoodie she's wearing back over her hands. Bernadette smirks.
"Im glad I had a change of clothes for you bunny" Bernadette adds. Annalise rolls her eyes.
"Will you stop calling me that?"
Bernadette chuckles.
"Nope" she says with a smile and one hand on the wheel.
"Hey when did you even learn to drive?" Annalise asks, changing the subject.
"I've had a few lessons but I don't have my license. I assumed that was ok though considering most, if not all of the police in the whole state are probably dead" Bernadette shrugs and Annalise nods. Bernadette hits the breaks while driving down an abandoned road.
"Who's that?" Bernadette nods her head out the window at a boy on the side of the road. It's Benjamin.
"Benjamin!" Annalise climbs out the car and helps Benjamin stand up.
"You ok?" Annalise asks.
"Uh..yeah I'm fine, just Y'know, freaking out because the whole state is basically dead and I don't know why and my drawings look like this because look!" Benjamin yells and points across the river. The water is turning Black and the grass is turning a turquoise colour. The trees and slowly dying and giant yellow and red mushrooms are growing.
"Holy shit" Bernadette's eyes widen as she steps out the car and looks across the river.
"Bernadette language!" Annalise says quickly.
Bernadette rolls her eyes.
"Yeah yeah bunny" Bernadette says and smirks.
"WHAT DO WE DO?!" Benjamin says, having a full blown mental breakdown.
"I have no idea..." Bernadette says softly with her arms folded.
"Let's just get back in the car..." she adds. Annalise, Bernadette and Benjamin climb into the car, Annalise in the passenger seat, Benjamin climbed into the open storage space in the back of the car and Bernadette started driving, With one more person added to their party, Annalise and Bernadette are now back on the road.

"Bernadette?" Annalise says quietly.
"Yeah bunny?" Bernadette says with her eyes on the road.
"Should I tell Benjamin about the whole blood thing?" Annalise asks.
"Uhm, I think it's for the best yeah?" Bernadette sighs. Annalise nods.
"I'll tell him when we get back out the car"
Bernadette nods in response and keeps driving.

The group keeps driving and drives into a dirt path where the grass is all distorted and their is mushrooms everywhere. There are lots of bodies all around the mushrooms, foaming from the mouth.
"Guess we shouldn't eat the mushrooms..." Bernadette mumbles.
"Speaking of eating, we should get supplies soon" Annalise says.

Thud.

A zombie jumped onto the front of the car.
"AH!" Benjamin screams.
"Well hello" Bernadette says in a panicked voice and stops the car in its tracks.
Annalise screams, Bernadette reverses the car quickly and it sends the zombie flying off the hood of the car. She kicks it back into forward and drives it over, it's injured but not dead. 3 more are now chasing them. Bernadette has a stern expression as she drives and swerves, soon enough loosing the zombies and pulling up in front of a giant store.
"Everyone get out" She says.
Annalise and Benjamin follow Bernadette into the store and start looking around, there is a few blood trails but no bodies or noise, just the occasional buzz from a faulty lightbulb.
"Let's get supplies" Annalise says slowly and then Bernadette goes down one aisle as Annalise and Benjamin go down another.