Chapter 29: Because i love you

"Huh? That's not funny.." Annalise whispers.
"You really think I'm kidding? I swear to god it is" Bernadette says. Annalise steps out into the open. Bernadette follows her and grips her hand. They both look around and Bernadette can't hear anything so they return to the truck. Everybody is now awake and looking terrified. Warner is standing there next to the truck.
"Ah-ha...My wonderful daughter" Warner says.
"Dad?!" Annalise is shocked, she smiles and tries to run towards him but Bernadette doesn't let her go and stares straight at Warner with a murderous look.
"Uh- Bernadette let me go" Annalise says.
"Bunny...You literally saw him die in front of you..we burned his body..now he's just up and walking? Nu-uh" She says. Bernadette uses her super speed to snap Warner's neck. Annalise screams. Warners body drops to the floor and black dust particles start flying off of it, then a little creature with 6 legs, a long body and large  antenna crawls across the dark ground quickly. Bernadette crushes it with her shoe and it splats on the ground, then Warners 'body' disappears into black particles. Everyone looks a bit traumatized, especially Annalise. Annalise looks at Bernadette.
"Thanks..uh.." Annalise tries talking but tears well up in her eyes.
"I know..it's ok, C'mere" Bernadette sighs and hugs Annalise.
"Everybody go back to sleep, it's alright" Bernadette says. Archie and Daisy nod and then the rest of the group lay back down. Cuddling close to each other.
"Let's go for a walk to clear your head Bunny" Bernadette says and starts walking into the woods with Annalise.

"How did..What was..what the fuck?!" Annalise says.
"Maybe some form of like..phantom zombie?" Bernadette says.
"I'm so glad you realized something was up and had a level head on your shoulders or else I would have ran straight into that...thing" Annalise shudders.
"I guess a sort of sixth-sense comes with all the powers" Bernadette says.
"Hey..how come you saved me?" Annalise asks.
Bernadette chuckles.
"What do you mean why did I save you?" Bernadette asks her to elaborate.
"I mean..we were fighting..I said something pretty bad to you, I thought you'd leave me to try to figure it out myself..Y'know, the whole I won't save your ass anymore thing?" Annalise reminds her.
"So what? It doesn't matter what the hell I say..I'll always be here to protect you Annalise" Bernadette says.
"Why? I mean if you really think about it we haven't known each other **that** long I mean-"
"Because I love you" Bernadette cuts her off her sentence. Annalise stops walking and looks up at Bernadette.
"Huh?!" She blink a few times and looks like a deer in headlights.
"Because I love you..Annalise, and you don't have to say it back, but I'm always gunna be here, whether you like it or not, hate me, love me, like me as a friend, whatever. I love you. So I'll always protect you and be here for you, remember that at least" Bernadette says gently and puts her hand on Annalise's shoulder. Annalise continues to stare at Bernadette with a dumbfounded expression before she starts giggling. Bernadette looks taken aback and takes her hand off of Annalise and scratches the back of her own neck.
"Well uh- not the reaction I expected so this could really go either way right now..uhmmm..." she mutters and chuckles.
"Sorry sorry, I just wasn't..expecting that at all..but eh, I love you too" Annalise beams at Bernadette. Bernadette looks even more shocked now and stops dead. She has wide eyes staring at Annalise now before she shakes her head and snaps back to reality.
"Woah...well this is trippy" Bernadette laughs a bit.
"So what...now?" Annalise smiles.
"Back to the truck and sit in slightly awkward silence with our new found information?" Bernadette says. Annalise chuckles.
"Sounds perfect" She says.

Annalise and Bernadette both return to the truck full of their sleeping friends and climb into the front seats. Bernadette puts both hands on the wheel and stares out the front windshield. Annalise is also staring out the front windshield. They are like this for a few seconds before they glance at one another quickly and then burst out laughing.