10 - My Big Bro

The commander nodded, "She ain't in Toman, but she means a great deal to him." He trailed off, his eyes growing cold, almost as if he was reminiscing on something about the leader of Tomans' sister. The two boys noticed but didn't say anything. Izana continued shortly after the room filled with silence.

     "Listen, all I want... is Mikey," He said as his eyes widened. "He's mine to kill, so don't get in my way, or I'll kill you both as well."

     The boys knew better than to ask for his reasoning to feel the need to kill Mikey. After all, they'd wanted to do the same. However, the emptiness that showed through Izana's eyes mimicked that of what they'd seen in Mikey before.

     Kisaki and Hanma smiled. "It's the end for the 'Invincible Mikey.'" They both muttered as they walked out.

_______________________

     The day was beginning to come to an end. Draken and Emma spent most of their time in the water; it was one of their favorite spots to be at, especially with each other. Mikey loved how well they got along, and you both chatted about how good they'd be together.

     Their smiles shone so brightly, it was something Mikey wished to have of his own one day, but he always feared he wouldn't be able to. Mikey feared that he'd lose everything in the end, especially since he'd lost others he'd loved before. Most of all, he dreaded that one day he'd lose himself.

     This was one of his secrets, a secret that he'd not told anyone before, not even Draken. More than anything, he didn't want to burden anyone. Mikey wanted to appear strong to those around him. He needed to. He knew how strong he was physically, but mentally? Not so much so. But he'd do anything to keep his friends happy, even if it meant one day driving them away from him so he wouldn't be able to bring them down the path he would soon be on.

     Mikey would rather hurt them for a moment than continue being associated with them, essentially destroying their lives completely.

     The beach became emptier as the hours went by. Little by little, people began to leave, and all that was able to be heard were the sounds of the ocean waves and your own voices. And of course, the sound of splashing water caused by your newly made friends.

     Draken and Emma eventually walked up to you two and conversed a bit before heading to get changed. They were just about done for the day and said you could keep the towel if you guys wanted to, but you said it was fine. Mikey insisted on the idea of you two staying a bit longer so you could watch the sunset together, to which you agreed.

     "I'll see you tomorrow, Mikey." The tall boy said.

     "Later." He responded as they both began to walk away.

     At that point, the two of you were standing up. You didn't know what, but it seemed as if something were bugging the blonde-haired boy. He began to walk towards the dock that overlooked the ocean, and you shortly followed.

     Mikey stared into the horizon as he had his hands in his pockets while the wind blew through his hair and coat. The hues of the sunset melted into one another, creating the perfect blend of calmness that was pleasing to the eye. The gold colors produced by the setting ball of fire caused the water to sparkle with the colors of the sky.

     "It's beautiful, isn't it?" You tell him, eyeing the horizon.

     Mikey didn't speak, but the setting allowed Mikey's hair to glow even brighter than it was, yet it didn't seem to fill his eyes. Nothing reflected off of them. It was as if they were a deep, empty, hollow space.