13 - Hope and Jealousy

"Shit, they got two of our captains?" One of the boys called out.

"We'll never have a chance now..." A yellow-headed boy said.

"Fuck." A group of boys muttered amongst themselves

"It's not only that, our 5th division captain has turned on us and is on Tenjiku's side." Chifuyu and Takemitchi added in.

"We're fuckin' screwed." The members began to lose hope in the clash they didn't believe they'd win.

"EVERYONE JUST SHUT THE HELL UP," Mikey loudly said. He hated when Toman talked down on themselves because he knew their potential. He glanced around at all the frightened faces standing in front of him.

"Yeah. Yeah, we may be down three captains, but so what?" He asked rhetorically.

"Takemitchy will lead them." He looked down at his friend and grinned. "And I"—he paused and stood proudly—"YOU HAVE ME! As long as I'm behind you all, TOMAN WILL NEVER LOSE!" Mikey proclaimed loudly as the wind blew through his coat at the perfect time. The moon shone on his golden locks as he pointed to himself. This was the leading commander of Toman.

The crowd began to cheer as they remembered they did, in fact, have Mikey. Their gem, their greatest weapon. "Draken and I won't let anything happen to you all." He looked over at the tall boy as Draken began to speak.

"Remember: This isn't our battle. We have nothing to gain or lose, but STILL. WE FIGHT WITH HONOR UNTIL THE VERY END!" He spoke loudly.

The crowd was hyped up and ready for a fight. A fight that would occur sooner than Toman had expected. "And Hakkai, please stay with Mitsuya and Smiley at the hospital," Mikey added. "I'm not worried about 'em. But if they found out we were clashing with Tenjiku, they'd wanna join in." He smiled. "That's just the kinda guys they are."

"You got it, Mikey." Shortly after, Hakkai ran back to the hospital.

Mikey had decided to wait to see you again until after the battle. He wanted to be with you again. Mikey wanted to continue that perfect moment you both almost shared. But he didn't want to risk you getting hurt. The blonde-headed boy knew you could fight, but if something were to happen to you because of him? He would never be able to forgive himself.

"I'll protect you, Y/N." He thought to himself. "Always."

Toman began to disband as the meeting ended, and as promised, Mikey and Takemitchi stopped by to pick up Emma and head for the cemetery. However, Draken couldn't make it because he had some things to take care of at home.

_______________________

You heard a knock at the door and knew it was Chifuyu. You shut off the lights at your place and opened the door to reveal a blonde-headed boy with an undercut.

"Ready to go?" You nodded, and you both began to walk off into the night.

"How was the meeting?" You asked him.

"It was... good. Yeah, it was just like any other meeting." Chifuyu didn't want to mention that soon there would be a battle against Tenjiku. Mostly because he didn't want you to fear the odds were not in their favor.

You, on the other hand, hid the fact that you also knew about a clash and would be taking part in it. You planned on exposing Mikey that night to Chifuyu, to everyone. However, an unpredicted conflict arose as you began to hang out more with Toman's captain. You feared that you were developing feelings for him. But you couldn't. You can't.