15 - Heaven Gained an Angel

"You'd have been a good help in the fight, but now that Mikey's out, we don't need you anymore," Kisaki told you, pushing up his glasses. "It's just business, after all."

     You looked over at Hanma for him to say something to back you up, but he didn't. He was hesitant until Kisaki spoke yet again, "She's just a girl, after all. She wouldn't have been that useful."

     "Sorry, Y/N. It's been a pleasure working together." Hanma told you. "Now fuck off."

     You backed away slowly. You were so confused about what was going on. Everything was heading in the wrong direction, first with Mikey, then Chifuyu, then Emma.

     And now Tenjiku?

     "But, we were friends?" You told Hanma, who didn't say anything in return.

     Their eyes stared you down with an evil glare as you turned and ran as you realized it was all just some plot against Mikey. Hanma used you and you hadn't even realized it. You continued running until you reached your house.

     "What am I to do now?"

_______________________

     It wasn't long before Mikey and Takemitchi brought Emma to the hospital. The blonde-headed boys sat in the waiting area in disbelief at what had happened. Emma had been alive just that morning. She was with him.

     She was safe.

     "Don't come out, don't come out." Mikey thought to himself as he was holding back tears. He hated nothing more than being vulnerable, appearing weak.

     He already cried once tonight, he wasn't about to do it again. Mikey had not only lost his brother, but his sister now as well, and he hated how he was at the center of both of them. He blames himself constantly because deep down he knows it's all his fault no matter how hard everyone tries to convince him otherwise.

     It's nearly impossible to believe something that you know isn't the truth. Mikey wasn't stubborn because he thought it was his fault, he was stubborn because he knew it was his fault. The thought of her body growing lifeless in his arms filled his mind as he began to shiver, he tried to cover his ears, but his thoughts were so loud.

     "Why wasn't I there?"

     "It's my fault."

     "I could've saved her."

     "I let her die."

     "It's. All. My. Fucking. Fault."

     It was as if his brain were under attack by the most brutal force, a familiar force known as himself.  After all, nothing can kill a man faster than his own head, and Mikey's head was one of the worst out there. At times such as this, Mikey's thoughts owned him and he was but a tenant paying rent in his own body. Anytime he managed to escape his thoughts, he only got caged again.

     Mikey's mind was a prison that he just couldn't escape.

     "Get out, GET OUT." He muttered loudly to himself, slapping the side of his temple repeatedly with the palm of his hand.

     The only other sounds that filled the room were doctors and nurses trying to save his dear sister's life. Mikey heard them every now and then, but never their entire sentences as he always blanked out. He wished for Emma to be alive, he wanted to have hope, but he knew from the moment he got to her that it was already too late.

     "BP and O2 levels are dropping!"

     "I'm not getting a pulse over here!"

     "BRAIN ACTIVITY ISN'T INCREASING!"