𝚁𝙴𝚂𝚄𝚁𝙶𝙴𝙽𝙲𝙴

✧. ┊ chapter 08, Resurgence ┊.✧

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The moon hung low in the night sky, casting a silvery glow over the dense forest. Haewon, worry etched on her face, traversed through the shadows, her senses heightened. She finally spotted Sunghoon crouched against a tree, his eyes distant.

His furrowed brows and crimson-hued eyes caught her attention, but as she drew near, Sunghoon seemed to "wake up." His eyes returned to their normal state, a mix of confusion and realization. In the dim moonlight, Haewon noticed his hands and mouth stained with the fresh blood of a wild animal.

"You lost control," she stated, her voice a mixture of concern and accusation.

Sunghoon avoided her gaze, a flicker of shame crossing his face. "I... I didn't mean to. It just happened."

Haewon's expression hardened. "You need to get a grip on your instincts, Sunghoon. Losing control like this puts us both at risk."

Sunghoon sighed, running a hand through his disheveled hair. "I know. It's just... everything is so overwhelming. I didn't expect this."

"Get up, we're heading back." Haewon called out to him as she already began walking back to the cabin.

The forest path back to the cabin was filled with an uneasy silence, each step echoing the weight of Sunghoon's recent struggle. Haewon, a mix of frustration and concern, finally broke the silence.

"If you weren't too busy arguing with me, maybe you could have controlled yourself," she remarked, her tone a touch stern.

Sunghoon huffed, his expression a blend of annoyance and acknowledgment. "Yeah, yeah. I get it. I messed up."

Haewon sighed, her frustration giving way to a subtle apology. "I should have given you blood today. That's on me."

As they approached the cabin, Haewon decided to rectify the situation. She enlarged her fangs, biting into her wrist. A few drops of her blood dripped into a cup, and she handed it to Sunghoon. He raised an eyebrow, his curiosity evident.

"What's this?" he asked.

"You'll only get this much," Haewon replied, her hazel eyes fixed on him. "Consider it a boost. But remember, the goal is for you not to need it at all. Keep training, Sunghoon."

He looked at the cup, contemplating, before taking it from her. "Can't I have it straight from your neck?" he teased.

Haewon shot him a stern look. "Don't even think about it. You can never."

"But why-"

"Go to bed, it's going to be long days from now on." Haewon cuts him off, walking into her room. Sunghoon sighs behind her, scoffing. "As if we can ever sleep."