𝙶𝚄𝙸𝙻𝚃

✧. ┊ chapter 14, Guilt ┊.✧

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The morning sun filtered through the dense canopy of trees, casting dappled shadows on the forest floor, Haewon and Sunghoon found themselves immersed in their training routine. The crisp air was filled with the sound of their movements, the clashing of blades echoing faintly amidst the tranquil surroundings.

Haewon's focus was unwavering as she guided Sunghoon through the techniques of sword combat, her movements fluid and precise. Sunghoon, determined to prove himself, mirrored her actions with determination, his determination evident in the intensity of his gaze.

"Keep your stance steady," Haewon instructed, her voice firm but encouraging. "Focus on your breathing and let the movements flow naturally."

Sunghoon nodded, his brow furrowed in concentration as he adjusted his stance, his muscles tensing with anticipation. With each strike and parry, he felt himself growing more confident, more attuned to the rhythm of the training.

As they continued to practice, a sense of camaraderie blossomed between them, their movements synchronized in perfect harmony. But beneath the surface, an undercurrent of tension lingered, a silent reminder of the dangers that lurked beyond the safety of their forest sanctuary.

A rustling in the bushes nearby caught their attention, drawing their gaze toward the source of the disturbance. Haewon tensed, her hand instinctively reaching for the hilt of her blade as she scanned the surrounding foliage for any signs of danger.

But to their surprise, it was not an enemy that emerged from the underbrush, but a familiar figure stepping cautiously into the clearing. Haewon's heart skipped a beat as she recognized the newcomer, a mixture of relief and apprehension flooding her senses.

"Minji?" Haewon exclaimed, her voice laced with disbelief as she took in the sight of her best friend standing before her, her expression one of concern.

She offered a sheepish smile, her eyes darting nervously between Haewon and Sunghoon. "Hey, Haewon," she greeted, her voice tinged with uncertainty.

As Minji stepped cautiously into the clearing, Haewon's initial relief at seeing her friend quickly gave way to a surge of panic. She took a step back, her eyes widening with alarm as she realized the gravity of the situation.

"Minji, what are you doing here?" Haewon demanded, her voice laced with urgency as she approached her friend, her heart pounding in her chest. "I told you to stay away. It's not safe for you to be here."

Minji's smile faltered, her brow furrowing with concern. "I know, Haewon, but I had to see you," she protested, her tone pleading. "I couldn't stay away, not when I knew you were out here all alone."

Haewon's frustration boiled over, her fear for Minji's safety eclipsing any sense of relief at her friend's unexpected arrival. "You don't understand," she snapped, her voice trembling with emotion. "This isn't some kind of game. You could get hurt, or worse."