𝙱𝙾𝙽𝙳

✧. ┊ chapter 15, Bond ┊.✧

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Sunghoon emerged from the cabin, his senses attuned to the quiet beauty of the morning. Yet, as he stepped into the courtyard, he noticed a palpable absence, an emptiness that hung in the air like a silent echo.

Haewon was nowhere to be seen, yet Sunghoon could feel her presence lingering nearby, a faint heartbeat echoing in the stillness of the forest. Trusting his instincts, he set off in search of her, his footsteps silent against the soft earth.

The forest was alive with the soft symphony of nature, the chirping of birds and rustling of leaves providing a soothing backdrop to his thoughts. As he walked, Sunghoon couldn't shake the feeling of unease that gnawed at the edges of his mind. Something wasn't right, and he couldn't ignore the sense of foreboding that settled over him like a heavy cloak.

It didn't take long for him to find her, seated at a distance with her back turned to him, her gaze fixed on the horizon. The gentle breeze tousled her hair, framing her silhouette in a halo of golden light, and for a fleeting moment, Sunghoon found himself captivated by her ethereal beauty.

But as quickly as the thought crossed his mind, he pushed it aside, focusing instead on the task at hand. With quiet determination, he approached her, closing the distance between them with measured steps.

"Hae," he called softly, his voice carrying on the breeze. "Are you okay?"

Haewon startled slightly at the sound of his voice, her reverie broken by his presence. Slowly, she turned to face him, her expression unreadable as she met his gaze.

"I'm fine," she replied curtly, her tone betraying a hint of defensiveness.

Sunghoon hesitated, sensing the tension that hung between them like a veil. He knew better than to push her, yet he couldn't shake the feeling of concern that tugged at his heart.

"Is there anything you want to talk about?" he offered gently, taking a seat beside her on the forest floor.

Haewon remained silent for a moment, her gaze drifting back to the horizon. The weight of her silence hung heavy in the air, a barrier between them that seemed impossible.

Finally, she spoke, her voice barely above a whisper. "It's nothing, really. Just... a lot on my mind."

Sunghoon nodded in understanding, his own thoughts swirling with unspoken questions and concerns. He wanted to reach out to her, to offer her comfort and support, but he knew that sometimes, the greatest gift he could give her was the space to heal on her own terms. So he decided to change the topic instead.

Sunghoon grinned, his eyes alight with curiosity. "Isn't it weird us being vampires and always more active in the daylight, with our hearts pumping in our chests and all? It's like we've adapted more to living like humans than the humans themselves."