Room for you (Valentines special)

Katsuki sighed as he walked to the door that hasn't been open in so long.

He turned the knob and listened to the familiar squeak.

He couldn't help but laugh. The nerd never did get around to fixing the door did he?

The blonde walked, slow, heavy steps, in to the room covered from floor to ceiling in All Might memorabilia. Everything was just as he left it.

Katsuki reached into his bag and pulled out his cleaning supplies.

He slowly and carefully wiped down every figure, every shelf and every table in sight.

It shouldn't have taken long, heck, Deku always knocked it out in about an hour.

But here Katsuki was, hour two as he slowly wiped down a book case free of dust.

Everything was just as he left it.

From the posters to the stupid All Might stickers he had on his table. Everything.

Katsuki moved on to the next task, moping and cleaning the bathroom, the needlessly stuffed to the brim bathroom.

Needless to say, cleaning the room wasn't ever really pleasant for Katsuki.

It was too full of things for his liking, how could the nerd find and clean every nook and cranny with all of this junk?

In truth, Katsuki knew Deku didn't. The blonde knew for a fact that Deku would simply wipe everything down and call it a day.

Deku didn't spend hours making sure his All Might collection didn't age a day past opening. Deku didn't spend hours cleaning every tile in the bathroom. Deku didn't spend forever wiping down even the shampoo and conditioner bottles to prevent dust from forming.

All just to make it look like somebody lived there. All to make it look like it hasn't just been an empty room that Katsuki has needlessly been cleaning for nothing.

Because when Deku lived here, somebody was living here.

Yet here the blonde was, slowly going insane. Slowly needlessly cleaning a room that took Katsuki a whole day to clean, needlessly cleaning a room that others have offered to help clean but he refused.

Because if everyone was cleaning it, the room would get done too fast.

So here Katsuki was, spending time he very much didn't have, just to clean a room. All to make it look like the only resident of such a clean room wasn't a ghost.

Because Katsuki didn't believe in ghosts and there was no way he wasted a day weekly to clean for a ghost.

No, this room belonged to a living person. Somebody that needed to be living. Even if they weren't currently living in this room.

Even if they weren't going to live in this room for a while, they were going to come back. Because they had to come back.

The blonde sighed as he opened the window to get rid of the stale air.

Because the room wasn't supposed to have stale air.

When Deku lived here, whether it was the window or the door, one was always open.

So Katsuki stood there looking at the room, seeing if there was anything that needed to be cleaned.

There wasn't. Of course there wasn't.

The sun was only partially in the sky when he got here and now it was setting, casting shadows over the room.

He was simply stalling.