Chapther 33- Hibachi

Jasmin

Jasmin

♛♛♛

The doors to the restaurant opens and loud conversations or what sounds like argument fills the space. Jonah and Kyler walking in the front while Antonio and the rest of them linger in the back.

As soon as my eyes connect with his, I snap my head back to the griddle, before pulling out my phone. I can't be slick to save my life. From the corner of my eyes, I see Jordan's pause beside me, before the wooden chair pulls back, making a loud sound.

Antonio pulls out the seat beside me, engrossed in whatever conversation he's having on his phone.

Did he have to sit here? There's about three-four empty seats.

I haven't seen him since Monday when I told him what happened between us can't happen again. Honestly, I just blurted out in a moment of extreme nervousness. But it was the right thing to do because he's Kaliyah's cousin, also Emily and Amelia's friend. I felt like it was wrong to do that, I don't know why I was just filled with guilt.

Especially cause I didn't tell Emily or Amelia and I tell them everything.

Well, I don't speak to him, and he does the same.

"What's got you so quiet today." Antonio asks, taking his interest off his phone. I don't miss how he's hinting at something else with that question and I scowl.

"Your presence just annoys me." I reply, moving my eyes away from the table to look at him.

He's not staring at me, instead his eyes are raking down my body. The heat of his gaze practically leaves trails everywhere they move. "But my touch doesn't hm?" He asks, his eyes finally meeting mine.

Now I can't deny that, because that would've been the biggest lie I ever told. He's the only one who's touched me and left me a mess. Well because he's the only one who's touched me there.

The way he was looking at me doesn't help at all, but I turn away from him, ignoring his question completely.

He chuckles when he realizes I'm not going to answer him, speaking to Jonah and Lucas when they pull him into a conversation.

Amelia walks over to me, wrapping an arm around me. "Tyler isn't here yet?" I ask her, scanning the table for Tyler.

"Nope." she sighs.

"He'll get here soon." I run my hands through her hair comfortingly. "I hope so, I'm craving his touch right now almost as much as this hibachi." she sighs longingly.

"Ew Amelia!" I exclaim, pinching her arm slightly. She giggles, removing her arm.

"Happy Birthday pasta maker." Kyler appears behind Amelia, messing up her hair that she spent an hour curling. I snicker at their sibling-like behavior. Where did that nickname come from?