Chapther 13- Icebreaker

(Pictures from Pinterest

(Pictures from Pinterest. Not Mine.)

Jasmin

♛♛♛

I pull the blanket up to my chin, and adjust the heating bottle on my lower stomach.

To say that I'm tired is an understatement. All my energy is gone. Executed. I woke up in the middle of the night to another round of cramps, and I wasn't able to go back to sleep. I woke up in the morning, my eyes opened, shut again, and I fell back asleep.

I just didn't want to get up.

So I've just been in bed all day, with this heating bottle thing on my stomach. Also with Grey's Anatomy playing on the TV. I'm on the scene where he was in the elevator, and his exs walked in. Along with his girlfriend.

I pull the blanket over my head, and open my phone to wattpad, pressing on the book I was reading, and scroll through. This book is a dark romance book, with things I wouldn't want to see in real life, only in books.

Staying home today was probably the best decision I've ever made. The apartment is quiet, and peaceful. Not that it isn't when Amelia and Emily are here, sometimes I just like being alone. It feels better because I'm not dealing with cramps in school.

They both left for their first classes about an hour ago.

I finish the chapter, and scroll to the next one. This is the last chapter the author posted. She only posts once a week, and most of the time I'm not patient enough.

I'm halfway through the chapter, when I hear someone knocking on my door, in a rhythm I've never heard before. Since I only live with Amelia and Emily. "Come in." I tell them, still invested in the book, and my voice muffled by the blanket.

My door opens, and footsteps pour in, then shut again. I don't pay attention to how silent it is, until I reach the end of the chapter, and realize they still haven't said anything.